Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Undertray Screws

smithdc

I changed the oil and filter in my car at the weekend and when replacing the screws in the undertray one just kept going round rather than getting tighter and when I checked today it had fell out.

When i googled searching for replacement screws I came across the plastic screws, similar to what is in the top of the engine holding the panel over the air intake (just above the radiator). Can anyone confirm if they should be metal screws (like I have) or the plastic screws.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MONDEO-C-MAX-S-MAX-ENGINE-UNDERTRAY-COVER-FITTING-KIT-CLIPS-90228-/111360068435?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item19ed93cb53

Also can anyone post a picture of the undertray, and fixings from Microcat, I couldn't find it?

unsure of the torq bit size, but all my screws are metal. any they screw into plastic insert's i think??

The screws and inserts are quite cheap from ford, I had to replace mine on the mondeo

mine are metal screws too. go to a scrappy and get some for free lol!

Metal screws, Torx is T25 if I recall correctly.

They are 5x15mm screws (HS1 on picture) Finis 1388632, you may need new M5 plastic nuts (HN2 on picture) Finis 6649923 if the screws are spinning, and new U-nuts (HN1 on picture) Finis 1479645.

post-28494-0-56650300-1401813034_thumb.j

Thanks all for your help. I had allen key heads in mine, must have been changed from original before.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club