Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Find The Egr Hose Bleed Screw

rogdodge

Feeling stupid. I want to drain and refill the cooling system on my '07 Focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI. To avoid airlocks Haynes tells me to undo this screw when filling and even shows me a picture of it. I can't find it - don't really know where to look for it!

Can anybody help? A better photo or directions from something I will be able to find, like the battery, for example!

egr dont have 1. its electrical. and why would some thing to do the exhaust gas re-circulation be in conjunction with the cooling system....

try gain lol

Well I can see the sense of having a bleed in the system to avoid airlocks. I'm just trying to follow the instructions in Haynes page 1.21 which says slacken the bleed screw on the EGR cooler hose (shows a picture). Seems that the EGR needs cooling and this is the highest point in the engine bay so a good point to put a bleed screw.

Any actual help would be appreciated.

R

if this is so, it would be on the cooler, which is situated behind the rearr of the block area

Haynes can be known to get it wrong on small things, definately sounds like they are referencing the wrong screw

• 3 weeks later...

I spent about an hour and a half once relying on Haynes to get gear linkages off turns out they twist off the opposite way which I didn't try incase I broke it off. Not amused.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah, Haynes are good generally speaking, but it just takes the wrong word on the paper and it can blow your entire operation apart.

What really drives me nuts about them is that they assume you have the engine out of the car for a timing belt chainge... I mean, how many people buying a Haynes manual, know how to, or would want to take the engine out of the car on their driveway? :p

Thanks for the interest guys. In the end I got a quote from a garage to replace what he says is a leaky hose - £320.

Still thinking about it. Just for info though I went to the Haynes site and discovered that they will deal with enquiries if you email them. I did and got a reply in hours. The hose I am/was looking for is near the brake fluid reservoir apparently. All I can see there is a metal tube with what looks like a bleed screw on top. Do they describe tubes as hoses if they carry water? I'm beginning to think that £320 might be worth it.

I didnt realise they offer support! I think I might have to abuse that functionality in the future!

As for the description, they tend to use these terms interchangeably!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club