Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Going Off........ Turn Off???

Tacklebury

One issue sorted thanks to this forum, now the next!!

Random alarm activations, about 7am every morning...

I have tried the self test. Windows down, ignition off. Open boot, press bonnet switch 8 times in 10 seconds, nothing happens. Tried door, nothing happens.

It appears I need a new bonnet switch. To be fair, it's very hard to press it down, so hard I used a brick to press it!!!

Will be grabbing a new lock and switch tomorrow but how or can I lock car without an alarm? I've searched high and low and can't find a definitive answer to locking a Mk3 Mondeo without the alarm being activated.

Does anyone have a answer on how to do this!?

Have you tried locking it manually by key from the drivers door?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Having read multiple forums I'm lead to believe this doesn't turn off the alarm.

I'd happily pop outside and do this but I'm looking for a definitive, 'it will deactivate alarm' before doing so. My neighbours are looking forward to a decent nights sleep without my alarm going off!

AFAIK If you don't deadlock the car (second lock press on fob) it shouldn't prime the alarm.

It appears I need a new bonnet switch. To be fair, it's very hard to press it down, so hard I used a brick to press it!!!

Why not just short out the switch, as a temporary measure? That way, you do test out whether it is the switch as well. (I'm assuming the the switch is closed when the bonnet is closed, but I don't know that.)

Shorting the switch is definately an easier answer, but I believe the alarm is battery backed up so you cant even just disconnect it, you could however just remove the fuse for the alarm system and leave it for a day or so until the new part comes through?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Been busy playing with the car today.

New ht leads fitted as on was breaking up.

Also fitted a new bonnet catch. Wasn't difficult taking old one off, couple of screws and a little wiggling and it was out. New part fitted dead easy.

I've also played with alarm. Basically, even with new bonnet catch, still no alarm test mode. I have tried doors etc, no good.

I can activate alarm by locking car then opening doors and bonnet. So switches work.

I have also sat inside and played with internal sensors. I think the passengers side sensor is faulty. If I double lock car and wave hand in front of sensors no alarm. Wave in front of drivers side and alarm activates. So will be looking for a new part for that.

Popped to my local scrap yard but no joy there. Will probably be an eBay job.

I have locked the car (one click) and will see if the new catch fixes the issue.

Tack

Never even new of such a self test, I just tended to do as you, turn the alarm on - turn the key in the lock and wait for the noise!

• 6 years later...

You need to replace the alarm unit under the front wing. I have a Mondeo MK4 with the problem, I went to  Auto Electric, they diagnosed faulty alarm unit under the front wing and gave me two options, fit a new unit £216 plus vat from Ford or cut the wires. I asked about a second hand unit, which they said they would fit, I got a Jaguar one make in the UK for £20, totally different design, it stops the fault and had it fitted for £40 end of problem. I also had a new battery fitted at the same time, my new battery is 6 inches square by 4 inches long, the one that came off was massive, as he explained electric cars are driving battery development forward at a fast rate, my battery is the one fitted to the Mondeo Hybrid. He also said on Jan 1st they are going to shrink again.   

On 3/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, 007 Mondeo said:

You need to replace the alarm unit under the front wing. I have a Mondeo MK4 with the problem, I went to  Auto Electric, they diagnosed faulty alarm unit under the front wing and gave me two options, fit a new unit £216 plus vat from Ford or cut the wires. I asked about a second hand unit, which they said they would fit, I got a Jaguar one make in the UK for £20, totally different design, it stops the fault and had it fitted for £40 end of problem. I also had a new battery fitted at the same time, my new battery is 6 inches square by 4 inches long, the one that came off was massive, as he explained electric cars are driving battery development forward at a fast rate, my battery is the one fitted to the Mondeo Hybrid. He also said on Jan 1st they are going to shrink again.   

Would hope after 7 years his MK3 alarm already been sorted

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club