Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What tyre's best for fiesta?

Cerwin_01

Hi all...

first time owner of ford fiesta here. Just bought my car its a 05 plate (prefacelift) 1.25 style climate. Quite happy so far. Got a quick q about the tyres. My car's got 15" 5 spoke ford alloy wheels with two tyres being Toyo Proxies T1 (82v) yet the two others being Bridgestone ER30's (82h). Size of both types is 195/50 R15.

Front's are looking like they'll need replacing soon enough. Due to currently having the two different brands was wondering which would you guys recommend i go with? The toyo's appear to be about 10 quid cheaper than the Er30's wherever i look online therfore i'm not too fussed paying the xtra for these if they are the better tyre. Driving wise... I do mostly in town and a or b-road driving with the odd bit of motorway.

If anyone has any experience with these then please do tell..

Thanking you.

I have michelin energy savers fitted on mine, Apparently make driving more economical, but do cost slightly more than the budget tyre make, but driving wise, I find these are the best tyre's.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good dude.. however couldn't find them on black circles .. and having looked on michelin's site its because they dont appear to be available in the same size as my current tyres.

Therefore i guess the question comes back down to what should i go with.. the toyo's or the bridgestone? Can anyone else with experience with these two brands help?

My '58 reg 1.25 L Fiesta Mk6.5 has Contintal Conti Contact's as standard, ie not even the eco versions. They are 195/50 R15 82T, and they are designed to protect the alloy's rims. The latest "ecos" cost the same, ---~ £69, fitted via the internet.

My car is the Zetec Climate, with sturdy alloys as standard.

WOW! I need some of these!!! (Not kerbed them yet but incredibly nervous about parking near kerbs just incase!)

Doesn't say how much they are though - I'd imagine quite a lot!!

I only looked online, think they were about £70 each for 17" rims, as far as I can tell thats not bad at all for 17" wheels...

i believe that your car came with ER30 bridgestones but the update version is ER300 so i would go with these :-)

• 12 years later...

Hi, does anyone know what brand of tyre came fitted originally on a 2008 Fiesta Mk6 1.4 tdci, 195/45/16 ?  Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, Reubs said:

Hi, does anyone know what brand of tyre came fitted originally on a 2008 Fiesta Mk6 1.4 tdci, 195/45/16 ?  Thanks in advance.

Wow I think you win the award for the longest time between bumping a topic!

I don’t know the answer but my 2007 1.6tdci zetec with 15 inch wheels on had uniroyal rain expert tyres when new.

Michelin Cross Climates are perfect for UK roads especially in winter. 

2008 1.4tdci would not have had 16 inch as ‘standard’ , did it  have the ‘sport’ pack ?  Studio model was 14inch steel, style was 15inch steel, zetec was 15 inch alloy as standard.   Sport pack also included dark rear glass as well as 16 inch wheels iirc. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club