Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Focused on my Focus

Morning All,

When i got into my car this morning i noticed that on the passeneger side foot mat there was a small pool of rain water.

So as you do i checked the windows for leaks etc. I then put my hand where the blower for the heater is and noticed it was slightly wet.

Im at work now but on my lunch break will see if i can find out where this rain water is coming in from.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea about;

1. Where the rain water could be coming through from?

&

2. What can i do to prevent this from happening again?

As always thanks for your time and advice.

Wayne

Morning All,

When i got into my car this morning i noticed that on the passeneger side foot mat there was a small pool of rain water.

So as you do i checked the windows for leaks etc. I then put my hand where the blower for the heater is and noticed it was slightly wet.

Im at work now but on my lunch break will see if i can find out where this rain water is coming in from.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea about;

1. Where the rain water could be coming through from?

&

2. What can i do to prevent this from happening again?

As always thanks for your time and advice.

Wayne

might be heater matrix

Sounds like the water is coming through from the pollen filter housing?

• Like 1

Sounds like the water is coming through from the pollen filter housing?

Yep just had a look and the plastic black cover and its not gripping the windsreen as tight as it should be!

When i had my service done its clear they didnt put it back properly and also broke some clips!

Any idea what the black plastic cover that grips the windsreen is called? and where a can buy a replacement one from?

Many thanks

Wayne

Is there anything i need to know when removing the Pullen filter Cover?

For example are there any hidden screws or clips that i need to be mindful of?

Thank you

Wayne

You can get a new cover from Ford or search a scrappy. On mk1 I think there is a seal which you need to change as the old seal should never be used again. But sound like the cover a seal are just there doing nothing. So I would replace them but get a new seal not one from scrappy.

• Like 1

I just tend to refer to it as the pollen filter cover, but as mentioned you need to replace the seal to prevent the issue :)

• Like 1

Hi folks

Does it have air conditioning,

Is the tube that goes under the car blocked

Jamie

You can get a new cover from Ford or search a scrappy. On mk1 I think there is a seal which you need to change as the old seal should never be used again. But sound like the cover a seal are just there doing nothing. So I would replace them but get a new seal not one from scrappy.

Thanks this post helped me a lot.

Ive picked up a replacement cover from a scrappy and will be picking up the seal from ford today at a cost of £15.95 including VAT, which i thought was kinda high. But needs must so will be picking it up at lunch time today.

Thanks again

Wayne

Hi folks

Does it have air conditioning,

Is the tube that goes under the car blocked

Jamie

Thanks for taking the time to view my paost Jamie, but no it doesnt have air con so dont think the problem can be blocked tubes

Thanks

Wayne

I just tend to refer to it as the pollen filter cover, but as mentioned you need to replace the seal to prevent the issue :)

Yep gonna takle this today.

Was surprised that the ONLY place to get the seal from is Ford!

Thanks

Wayne

yeah, you could get it online if you look afar, but you need to change the search term but keep the same definition and its hard, as too many of them dont refer to FINIS codes. but as you say its a necessary evil!

Alternatively, you could just use the existing seal and Silicone sealant to waterproof it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club