Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Side Window

experiax10

Hi, i have a mk 6 fiesta on a 56 plate. Recently the drivers window has started squeaking when opening and closing. Then yesterday it's gone to more of a crunching sound and wont go all the way down. Any one know if this is a cheap fix with the garage, or would i be better off finding out how to do it myself?

If its crunching an wont go down then it req a new regulator

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

may well be over spool within the motor,you might be uckey enough to rectify the problem if you have lots of patience?

they do sell repair kits on eBay,this negates the cost of buying a new regulator,but you will have to weigh up the pros n cons?

Mine did this a few weeks back as well.. Would catch when being closed (drivers side) and squeaky up and down passenger side..

Annoyed the hell out of me for a week or so, but now it's gone! Keep an eye on it for sure but it may just go away!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi, i have a mk 6 fiesta on a 56 plate. Recently the drivers window has started squeaking when opening and closing. Then yesterday it's gone to more of a crunching sound and wont go all the way down. Any one know if this is a cheap fix with the garage, or would i be better off finding out how to do it myself?

My mk6 is doing the exact same. My car took a bit of a bang on driver door so i asumed it done it to the window. But reading this maybe not. Squeeks going down to halfway then the crunching starts. Sounds like the window is gonna smash/crack. Window has came out of place at times also. Bummer. :((

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks all, appreciate the replies. Sounds like a common fault after some google research :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the car back from the garage, £200 down :( they said with most cars you can change just the regulator but with mine apparently the motor also has to be changed.

Before you lay out take the door card off and have a look if its simply come out of its holder (the bit the motor moves up and down).

A common thing is that when the glass and frame are dry the frame grabs the glass and lifts it out of the holder on the bottom of the glass and it then doesn't sit right and can give the impression it's the motor etc. In the past (on a previous car) I have relocated the glass back in the holder and then put Vaseline around the edges of the glass to lubricate it against the frame and it's been perfect.

Worth looking at first as it could be something as simple as that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club