Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tattoo's - Love Or Hate?

b1g_dav3

Just randomly thinking what are people's opinions on tattoos?

Do people tend to love them, hate them, or just indifferent towards them?

Also, if people have seen some awesome ones, or absolutely terrible ones, feel free to share! :P

Not a great fan of them to be honest. But I'd never have a go at someone with them like some do. I can't stand the "ooo you've made a mistake and will regret that when you reach yer eighties" brigade.

Personal choice. I won't be getting any

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I'm not entirely against them, but I rarely see tattoos on women I actually like,

being single and on a dating site, I see a lot of women's tattoos, most are just horrendous,

I have to wonder what's wrong inside their head for them to get the ones they did.

there are right tattoo's and right places to get them, I hate to see them on women's arms & chest.

I don't think I'd entirely rule out getting one, it would have to be my own design though.

Yeah, I think if you go and get something generic unless it was something you quite fancied to start with you're going to end up regretting it or not being completely happy.

I do tend to think some people are really not mature enough, and end up getting them to fit in or be cool, like getting really poor tattoos because they're cheap and just wanted something. Someone I was at college with got song lyrics done, and my God it was the worst thing I had ever seen, apostrophes were in the wrong places (so you're was your'e and such), spelling was wrong of very simple words, and in some places a mistake was made and they went over with another letter, similar to what you'd do on paper (so they wrote an e and went over it with an a). The funniest part was though all their friends went on how amazing it was, I was like the heck is that thing.

I don't mind tattoos on women so much as long as they're not chest or neck ones, though even those don't bother me so much as I've sort of grown up with people who have them. They have to be decent though, no silly ones or ones that are just God awful, I see them as art and as such should be art, not a mess.

And as for in the 80's, I'll have probably been eaten by a tiger or something knowing my luck so it's all good :P though tattoos can still look good in your 80's if you've taken care of them, the reason people tend to look God awful and all green/blue is that they haven't done, you're going to have to moisturise for life, make good friends with factor 50 or ideally sun block, and just take care (though that's good habit for all of your skin anyway really).

i dont mind them if they mean something to someone and have a memory of a loved one or a story behind them then yes. and i love them on girls around their hips ahaa. id get a tattoo of a memory and something that means something to me but id never get one out of randomness or meaningless so i just had one haaha

people who get tattoos such as the mcdonalds logo, and worse still pictures of celebrities or politicians - these are the people who vary from the "yeah you really will regret that later" to those who should be put down...

I personally dont mind body art, I think that the more tidy the image or the more discreet the better, small pictures of hearts and butterflies for woman, or small pictures for men I think are fine, you can be professional and hide them for work (moreso appropriate if your in a professional sort of industry) but otherwise, those who have monstrous tattoos across there backs arms legs and turn their body into little more than a canvas to cover every millimeter is not to my personal taste. The one I do like though is "Scary Guy" - if you havent heard of him - google him. He uses his body art as a means of advocating love not war, promoting the elimination of prejudice, bullying, hate, war etc. I recall him coming to my school many years ago and it was a different perspective. Sadly he has been banned from a lot of states in his home country of the USA, but his message is certainly one that I do agree - the picture and tattoos fit the bill!

If it wasnt for the medication I am on, I would love to get one. A small tribal art on my arm and my sons names inked on I would be more than happy with.

A good friend of mine who unfortunately lost her son last year, ended up getting a tattoo of his print (hand or foot I cant quite recall) with his name next to it. A small tattoo across her heart for sentiment reasons, something like that I think is wonderful, its one of those tattoos you could never regret.

I love tattoos. Can't get enough of them.

However you do have to be careful what you get.

Some look really tacky.

I tend to think about a tattoo I want and if I still want it in a couple of months time I'll get it done.

I've got 1 impulse tattoo where I just walked in and said I want that one. I don't regret it as such but I will struggle to get anything to go with it.

I'll attach some pics of my tattoos later.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Just a few of my tattoos. Lol

post-50491-140207297884_thumb.jpg

post-50491-140207300058_thumb.jpg

post-50491-14020730239_thumb.jpg

post-50491-14020730456_thumb.jpg

Ive got 3

Soon to be 5 lol

I know one guy whom has snoopy on his arm but they forgot his nose lmao

Im wrecked and chillin at the minute yo, ill edit with pictures later

here ya go

IMG_20140606_180118_zpsgxkuezc6.jpg

IMG_20140606_180152_zpsvxqrjmzf.jpg

IMG_20140606_180044_zpslla2g0dx.jpg

Tribal band goes all the way around, some don't and i now know why lol burns like be jay's us

IMG_20140606_175958_zpsl8txtlcd.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry but I think they're discusting!

• Like 1

Any reason why you hate them?

Tattoos are definitely a marmite thing.

Tasteful tats are fine, Stupid ones aren't.

I think anyone that does their hands or face/head/neck are begging to be unemployable for life.

Football logos, womens names or silly home made ones are not wise.

• Like 2

its cool i dont feel bad sayin i wouldnt drive your fiesta :)

• Like 2

My non existent Fiesta! Only two more years to go. :(

I hope you guys don't mind me bring here!

• Like 1

Tattoos are definitely a marmite thing.

Tasteful tats are fine, Stupid ones aren't.

I think anyone that does their hands or face/head/neck are begging to be unemployable for life.

Football logos, womens names or silly home made ones are not wise.

as Tony Montana once said "!Removed! you all" :lol:

in that case jesus dude change that colour

Haha! Unfortunately the colours staying! I've been set on it for 5 years now, I doubt I will change my mind! :D Don't worry I like other colours too, Blue and Red are my other favourites on cars (below green, obviously).

I misread your tat lenny, I thought it said sad-marse without the -m :p

• Like 2

I misread your tat lenny, I thought it said sad-marse without the -m :p

nah says Saoirse,

Which is irish for freedom,

And also the name of my eldest daughter,

i dont have any arms,

I just stole some tattoo images from google,

nah says Saoirse,

Which is irish for freedom,

And also the name of my eldest daughter,

very nice matey :) personal touch tattoo! those are the ones that are worth it!

very nice matey :) personal touch tattoo! those are the ones that are worth it!

also done in old english script style font so as i dont look like im an IRA member lol
  • Like 1

I hate tatoos they are tacky....my body is my temple ......real pet hates are !Removed! stamps(you dont need to bend over so everyone knows your a !Removed! its already common knowledge), tribal bands (your not in a gang never mind a tribe), wife's/husbands name (thats what wedding rings are for) .....yeah people arent ment to judge in life there not ment to murder people either!! End off

• Like 2

Each to there own Vicki. Lol.

• Like 1

Well luckily mine hasn't been mentioned yet so this is a positive... Lol.

I'm so far on just one tattoo of Gandalf (massive Lord of the Rings fan) and I'm hoping to get a Lord of the Rings half sleeve (so it can be covered with a longish-short sleeve shirt).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club