Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Fail

Sneakkk

Are these stupid?

Excessive play in ball on offside suspension?

Brake hoses ( offside /nearside) (common i know)

and Trailing arm rubber bush's causing excessive movement? (these were changed 12,000miles ago, would they still go?)

Then advisory for these items:

Nearside front suspension arm has slight play in ball

offside front Track rod end ball slighty play

and have a baby seat in the back!

Arr these cheap fixes? or is he trying to get money out of me?

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

not sure about the baby seat (that seems to be taking the mick) but, the other two are valid complaints. the ball and track rod, you're probably looking at just over £100 to have those done at an indie I would expect!

two suspension arms = 50

brake hoses pair = 20

track rod pair = 15

trailing arm pair = 25

total 110

labour 2.5hrs over time given incase of prob's 100 quid

say 210 all in

Indie garage will want more than that, a job like that is likely to have some parts hard to remove, plus it will need an alignment after the work is done. Ford charge £70 lol... I think kwikfit do it for £30.

The baby seat is legit. Mot tester needs access to all seats and belts he needs to check security of seats and seat belt mechanism, baby seat will be an obstruction to that, I think a moody !Removed! tester could even refuse to test the vehicle on that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

same as engine covers n trays they refuse to take em off to check underneath... even tho underneath needs checking in a mot lol

They aren't allowed to remove or dismantle anything in or on the car. My last mot on monday picked up 3 advisory. 1, undertray blocking parts, 2, engine cover blocking parts and 3rd, "exhaust smoke too clean for analyzer"

I thought well so much for tapping on the dpf with a screwdriver

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I had a garage quote me £120 for a not too disimillar couple of jobs!

As for the car seats, In the 3 years I have had them, every time, my car has gone to Ford for the MOT and service, never once have they questioned anything on the child seats!

Sounds like yours was having a bad day and the kettle probably broke!

• Like 1

Well they have quoted me £550 including the VAT!

Can any of these be done on your own or is a garage needed?

they could be done, but it will be tricky! depends how confident you are with a spanner

all can be done for home mechanic, like james said if your confident enough.... except for wheel alignment (once suspension arms are done/trackrod ends).. sorry forgot add that onto the list.... thats another 20-30 quid there garage dependent....

with vat also i never included. still should be around the 230-240 mark. with wheel alignment after i recon around 270 mark

• Like 1

Thanks for your help people! only thing is tho the wishbones etc was changed 2 years ago the car has only done 12,000miles in the last two years so i dont know if he ripping me off or not :/

put the car on ramps, if there is a under-tray on, take it off.... get a 500w flood light more visible, and a fairly big crow/prise bar, 1st visable inspection, then try with the jimmy bar on the bushes, look at the ball joint.... its always good practice to replace things in pairs..... if you was kinda close id offer do it for ya if you didnt feel confident enough....

cheap pattern parts do not intend to last, they are just a quick cheap fix so expect to replace them more often....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club