Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Problem?

RB8

My Focus is about four years old and reg servicing, 70,000 kms on clock. Dead battery..called RACV and got it jumped. They checked battery and alternator and said was fine. Charged battery overnight and was ok for a day or so but certainly not starting as it should. Should I get new battery? A friend reckoned that even though RACV said battery good it may be charging ok but then draining very quickly. It is winter here but not real cold and have never had this problem before... and when I tried to start today no go...accessories come on fine but no engine and then engine malfunction light comes on ...

would appreciate some responses to this ... Thanks

It sounds to me like your battery is dead. If it discharges completely the cells can become warped. Depending on the temperature outside, its most likely not even fully charging, or is thinking its fully charged when its barely done.

Your best bet is going to be to replace the battery with a new silver calcium type and you will most likely find tha it will be fine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club