Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ip.board Windoes 8.1 And Ie11

Preee

I seem to have a compatibility issue with IP.Board , Windows 8.1 and IE11.

I can't copy and paste, or Quote threads , does anyone else have this issue.

I have done a little research and it appears IP.Board have yet to issue a fix.

Compatibility settings do not work either.

It is IE11 that is the problem.

Any chance of using a decent browser? (Not IE) :P

Hhahaha yes Alex it's just IE11, and yes I should not be using it.

I dumped IE ages ago. As someone who runs websites, I really wish it would die as you are constantly having to add workarounds for it.

Chrome and FF are much more standards compliant. I tend to use Chrome on my phone and tablet as it is lightweight, then FF on my desktop and work PC as it is more featured.

I have not bothered as of yet to download FF, which I will do when I get around to it as I always used to use it, Chrome no I don't like it at all ,so I will be getting FF. :)

It was just a post if anyone else happens on the problem. :)

I got sick of working with IP.Boards editor. They tried to implement ckeditor but it has been broken for so long I ended up switching one of my sites to xenforo.

I do believe ipb4 is supposed to improve things considerably though, so we might see an improvement then. To be honest I always paste as plain text in most editors as I find them unable to handle formatting particular well regardless of browser.

Not sure why you can't quote though...

Yeah that one is strange , but the quote pushes through the clipboard, which seems to be the problem with the changes of IE11 that IPBoard can't handle.

Plain text is not working either, I will get FF and see if its Win8.1 or the Browser

Yeah that one is strange , but the quote pushes through the clipboard, which seems to be the problem with the changes of IE11 that IPBoard can't handle.

Plain text is not working either, I will get FF and see if its Win8.1 or the Browser

Yes its just IE11 , im on FF now , Quote and Paste both work lol

One less IE user in the world :D

One less IE user in the world :D

:D too true lol.

I kinda liking this new laptop, with the touch screen.

I haven't used IE since version 9.

It's terrible, nothing works properly on it.

FireFox all the way.

I feel the same about Windows! I find using windows is like shovelling snow whilst its still snowing. You get it working, then all of a sudden it slows down and never picks back up, then there is the terrible affect of IE11...

I wish I could afford a MAC!

Anyway back to the topic at hand, Preee, have you noticed if those dearly overpaid folks at Microsoft have managed to release a patch to IE11 to resolve the issues you saw?

Mac! Mac! Excuse me while I go throw up :P

Apple is overpriced, restricted rubbish imo.

If you want simplicity then Linux wins, but many applications are yet to work with it, else it would be my daily driver.

Windows is fine unless you give it too much to do, or keep bogging it down with applications. I don't ever notice a gradual slowdown on my machines.

Microsoft will never fix IE either, it seems to be up to all the web developers to work around it. :censored:

haha, Mac is overpriced, but it works, and they have slightly more supported applications than Linux. Windows works more often than not, but as you say, ask it to multitask and it becomes confused. I wouldnt say I have a great laptop (4GB Ram, Dual core AMD processor, Windows 7) but its certainly not cack either. However, if I try to load internet explorer, I could run off, make a cuppa, drink it, wait for it to be processed by my body and - well I am sure you can see where I am going with this - all in the time it takes IE to load. In the meantime, firefox is up and running and ready to go (most of the time).

Windows is very good at one thing though, it knows how much free CPU usage it has and how much memory, but rather than actually leaving it free, it gives it a process to operate and it consumes that free space rather than leaving it their for anyone to use. then when apps come knocking, it has to negotiate how much it wants to offer it, and then it shares (eventually). Sadly, this is far too common an occurance on modern windows OS's and it can be a mahoosive bugbear. I am so glad I dont own a car that operates windows in any form (other than the glass lumps to the side of mine and my passengers heads!)

I would uninstall IE if I could, but it is too tightly woven in to the OS so it breaks things if you try and remove it.

Case in point though, FF is so much better. Chrome can load even faster (which is why I use it on phones/tablets), but FF seems to be the best alternative without loosing functionality. I have converted all the office PCs and staff to FF. If I get a problem and they are using IE, I don't even dignify them with an answer, haha.

On the car side of things, that is one thing I'm a little uneasy about if I change my car, Ford Sync runs on Windows Embedded Automotive :cry:

No Jeeb , the problem is IPBoard have not patched their forum software , Microsoft won't patch to accommodate IPBoard.

ah, my error, in which case, I apologise microsoft for slating IE11 on this point...

I am surprised though that IPB wont keep up with it!

yes very true Jeeb, they will get there in the end I guess lol

I downgraded back to IE10, all works fine again. IE11 seems to break alot of things, notably my remote access to work 0.0

Thats what you dont realise Ben, its Microsoft's means of getting you to pay for their tech support ;)

They give you IE11 and say "its the best, safest and quickest browser" you assume its safe to work on with your job, and use it, it doesnt work, so now you have to phone microsoft (because nobody in the world except microsoft knows how to fix the basics of IE cos non is basic :P) and pay there going rate to get support :D

Quite ingenious really, they have clearly been paying a lot of attention to the motoring world and the dealer to stealer arrangements that have been progressing over time :D