Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over Heating

Mrken

While driving home in my 2.3 edge, auto, 57 plate, I noticed it was revving faster then normal and the heat gauge went into the red, as I pulled over steam was coming from under the bonnet.

I called the AA when they arrived every thing was fine, they plugged something in under the steering wheel and monitored the engine from their PC, they also checked the pressure in the coolant system, which was fine, and checked the head casket was ok, which it was.

I have driven just under a 1000 miles without any problems until yesterday when the same thing happened, once the engine had cooled everything is running normal agin.

Can any one tell me what the problem is ?

Hi Ken,

Check the expansion tank cap, this could have a small split or crack in it that is not noticeable under cooled conditions but is abundanty clear when its hot

Hi Ken,

Check the expansion tank cap, this could have a small split or crack in it that is not noticeable under cooled conditions but is abundanty clear when its hot

+ One. Its a cheap fix and should be changed regularly anyway as they wont hold the pressure for ever.

Thanks, I will get a new expansion cap.

let us know if that is the fix :D