Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Opener

Lee Oyston

Hi I have a mark 6 fiesta zetec 58 reg 1.4,

The button on the dashboard and the button on my key when pressed do not open my boot, I took a look and it seamed the catch wasn't moving far enough to open the boot on the mechanism, does anybody know the problem do I need a new motor for it or a new catch? Thanks

How do I so that mate ?

I think you will find that the solenoid that opens the boot no longer has the power to pull the release mechanism fully. As there is no adjustment the only fix is to by a new solenoid (!Removed! expensive) or a second hand one (hard to find and still !Removed! expensive).

Before buying a new one you could try removing the old one try to strip it down as much you can give it a good clean, grease it all back up and see if it helps. No harm in a bit of old school simple cleanin an greasin an then if it doesent work replace the part. A bit of time an grease cost literly cost notin worth a try before puting your hand in your pocket:-)