Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange Spanner Service Light

Nathan54771

Just been driving in my mk7.5 ecoboost and I booted it to pull out at a junction and my car pulled back almost and flashed up with engine malfunction and the spanner light. Got across safely and pulled over, turned the car off and then on again, the spanner went out and now my auto stop start light is orange constantly no matter what. If I accelerate to attempt to go over 3000 revs it all happens again.

Rang ford and they've said ring the service department in the morning to arrange to have the vehicle booked in and looked at.

Just wondering if anyone has had this before or know of it ? :( really annoyed, it's only done 5000 miles -_-

It happened to mine, apart from everything went fine after I restarted the engine.. I was also to pulling away from a standstill and "engine malfunction service now" switched it off and on again it's fine then it happened twice more..took it into ford they said because the lights now gone off they can't find the fault code and can't identify the problem however they said if it does happen again ring recovery and get it sent to the ford garage

Hmmm very weird, my auto stop start won't work and the orange light is constantly on though so definately something wrong.

If they try that idiotic response with me il take them for a spin and show them myself.

Just hope it gets sorted, not good that new cars are doing things like this.

Totally agree, hope you get it sorted mate!

Thanks dude, il post the outcome

Hope it gets sorted Nathan, at least everything is covered under warranty and you won't have to pay a single penny. The perks of having a new car lol

Thanks tom :) hopefully nothing major, I know thankfully but still could do without the hassle :( Hahaa

This could be the fuel issue thats on the new Fez's, there seems to be a few who had a pump failure. The car is in limp home mode which is why you can do snuff all to get over 3000 revs. Also the fact that the supplementary systems are not working (stop start etc) are likely to be because the engine is struggling enough as it is with a wounded fuel system, if you allow the likes of stop start and other modules to put extra pressure on it, it will just kill itself.

I would be interested to see what it is, but I recon this is the issue. If it is the case though, your lucky as most others appear to have seen it within 500 - 1000 miles, if that much even!

Yeh possibly, never considered that actually even after I read about it all myself. Does make sense when I think about it, trying to accelerate the car just can't give me enough fuel and cuts back.

It's booked in tomorrow morning at 8/half 8 anyway so il let you know the outcome :) annoyed I've had to take a day off work though with a new car.

Yeh that's a point seen as I've done 5375 miles or something, maybe it's my tremendous driving prolonged it :p Hahaa, i think booting it at the junction has just pushed it off the edge if it's the fuel issue.

I suspect your probably right, you just pushed it that bit too far (how dare you buy a new car and expect it to work? :p)

Good luck, although your taking it in at 8, I suspect you wont hear a thing until about 14:30 :p then that will be them telling you (IMHO) its the fuel issue and that you have to leave it with them so that they can order and fit a new part!

Hahaa :p yehhh have to see, hopefully won't be long without my car :(

You reckon they'll give me a courtesy car if they have to keep it ?

Most likely not. At a guess, dealerships on average need 2 weeks notice before working on your car to have a courtesy one available. Some will possibly have a last minute one there, last moment cancellation etc, but its most likely you wont.

Ahhh makes sense, it's my first car so don't know the procedure Hahaa. Hopefully it gets sorted there and then anyway :) I went out to see before and thought il test it to the shop, my auto stop start light has gone off and now works and I can accelerate as normal :/ very weird.

Think I should take it still just to be certain and let them check the fault history ?

Definately get it taken in, it sounds like its recognised no error for a few moments and now works OK. Definately get it in though, the logs will show something I would suspect.

If it does need to stay at the dealer they will/should arrange a hire car via ford rental. I had a car arranged from thrifty for 3 weeks whilst waiting for the new fuel pump.

If they do keep the car and don't arrange one for you, Google the number for ford rental and call them.

Okay will take it still in the morning and see, if it's still okay on the way there il explain and get them to check it over and plug it in to the diagnostics to check the fault history.

Ahhh that's good news then, hopefully they won't need to keep it but if worst comes and they need to keep it because they find something then il be mentioning that I could do with a replacement :)

Thanks guys il let you know the outcome tomorrow

Just got back from taking it to ford, they plugged it in and said it's the map sensor that glitched and put it into limp mode.

They said if it does it again now it's been cleared then too take it in and they'll fit a new map sensor.

Good news I guess. Too many electrics in cars these days!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

they really can be fists...

If the MAP sensor "glitched" on a new car, why did they not replace it :S It could go another few miles before it happens again, but if an issue comes up once, it came up for a reason, and a sensor doesnt just get bored of one reading and spontaneously throw out a reading much higher than the average...

Hopefully it doesnt throw you again, but I suspect you will be taking it back soon enough. That to me though is a dismail performance by Ford. Anyone could do that themselves, and I often do (clear once, report twice) but thats on a car with 113k miles on the clock, not 5!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club