Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mist Jet Washer For Fiesta?

negendahl

I have been looking at getting the washer jets for my fiesta exchanged with some mist washer jets, i have seen a few of you guys here have changed yours - could any of you supply me with the part number?

And how is the install? Thinking its simple enough?

Thanks!

Sorry guys, kind of missed this post:
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27149-guide-to-fitting-mist-type-jets-on-your-ford/

Does anyone know if the part numbers will work for the Fiesta, or do i need a different one? I found some on eBay, but would rather get it from my dealer :)

/Mick

The MK3 Focus ones fit fine :)

Awesome! :) Where did you get yours? Ford dealer?

I guess these would fit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Zetec-Zetec-S-ST-Mist-Spray-Washer-Jets-2008-/111284491840?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e9129640

Just talked to my local dealer, got a pair of non heated ones for around £8 :)

£8 is a good result, if anyone is interested, click the top link in my signature :) I bought heated fan jet type from a seller I negotiated a deal with. £14 for a pair isnt bad at all, though you will need to use the discount code :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

£8 is a good result, if anyone is interested, click the top link in my signature :) I bought heated fan jet type from a seller I negotiated a deal with. £14 for a pair isnt bad at all, though you will need to use the discount code :)

Got mine yesterday, and did the very easy installation, they are awesome! Much better then the standard ones. Wonder why ford doesn't offer this as standard or as an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Its a bit irritating really, something so small and costs pennise to them!

Its a bit irritating really, something so small and costs pennise to them!

Yeah, exactly what i mean :)

Still makes our job of modding more fun!

• Like 1

Ford have to leave a little meat on the bone for us.

Where is the joy in buying a car that needs no mods?

• Like 2

Not bad, although that's 28 a per, whereas mine is 14 a pair

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah thats why I went into a deal with the supplier, although they are fan jets for a pair rather than mist jets, but the effect is almost identical!

They are well worth the wait at the price, or if you want to buy the mist jets they are never the less an excellent upgrade!

easy to do if your not aware...

Just squeeze the two wide edges towards the middle and pull out one side at a time and they come straight out.

Took me about 15 minutes to do the full job as one of the jets was stuck.

What's the difference between mist and fan? Always thought they was the same. Lol

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

All in all they are, if you have a hose in your garden and set the nozzle between mist and cone you will see lol. The mist sprays just that, a light mist across the windscreen, the fan jets spray a cone shape across the majority of the windscreen. By and large they are one and the same but don't differ by much lol

• Like 1

Oh yea. I get you. Didn't think of the garden Hose lol.

Isn't that our old "friends" at Allen's?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Seems to be, I would steer clear to be honest...

What's the issue with Allen ford then? Iv heard his name a few times on here.

to summarise - they are cowboys. And I want to clarify, we refer to Allen Parts and there affiliates, and not Allen Ford as a dealership.

When the mist jet mod first came on the scene it was dirty cheap (less than a fiver to convert to heated) but then Ford picked up on this and started capitalising. Everyone else was selling them at about £14 a jet, then along came allan parts.

They had their website showing these as £18 for a pair of heated jets, most of us put orders in and where very quickly played over by these guys, they cancelled the orders claiming the wrong price then started trying to get everyone to buy them at £18 a jet.

In the process, I called them up and asked them to confirm - is it the right price? "yes sir definately £18 a pair" so I put an order in, they then went through the order process, sent me a confirmation email and a dispatch email, and I didnt recieve anything within two weeks. Called them up and they said "the order was never processed (even though there systems all say it did and my emails said it as well!) they said we need to cancel the order and you have to repurchase them. So I played the game, looked at there T's and C's and it said (in short) if we send you the dispatch email our end of the contract is to dispatch those. I paid, got these emails and so they were contractually obliged to send them. I argued with their senior managers on the phone saying I have paid, they are in contract and to send me the part, he said there is no contract - all of a sudden a refund landed in my bank account... I asked him what he was playing at and he said that there was clearly a system error somewhere but now that I have been refunded the contract is over and that if I want to buy these jets I have to pay the higher price.

They dont know how to honour a contract, they play the fiddle like no one I have ever heard before, and they dont like being caught out by their own contracts so they just prefer to shaft there customers. Lets be fair, it doesnt cost them anywhere near that to buy them, so even if they did it as a "special offer" for a week or two and they got a load of business, they would have probably got repeat business along with a better company image, but instead, their greed, dishonesty and treating their customers like a dog lump left on the floor means that I will never use them again and I would hate to see any friend or acquantaince inside or outside of this forum played in the same way. so its always my personal recommendation that if you ever come across an eBay store or amazon store (or any other for that matter) assosciated with these cowboys, that you walk away - most likely you will only end up disappointed, irritated, wound up, angry, and out of pocket to a business who thinks that the way to win customers is to bully them into a corner, play by their own rules, bend you over, give you what they want and take your wallet at the end. I told him in as few words what he could do with his washer jets, his business and his apalling customer service skills and said a few other choice words on route.

Just to clarify, these are my own personal opinions and do not form or represent any opinion of the Ford Owners Club, Its affiliates, The Forum, Its Management, or any of its staff. So If Allen Ford do happen to come across this, its my opinion your arguing with as a customer you shafted, so dont go trying to take the forum down for your failings :)

Yep sorry. Allen parts. Git a bit confused then. Lol.

Wow. They sound like a right bunch of !Removed!. I've got one of their products in my watch list on eBay. That will be deleted now. Don't want to support anyone who treats their customers that way.

Thanks for clearing that up for me jeebowhite.

The guy who dealt with refunds (one whole guy, really?!) Was conveniently out of the office when they cancelled my order. I had to fight for a refund...on an order they cancelled.

They said it was a glitch and like I said, the guy who normally dealt with refunds was away!

(Half expect "Allen Parts" to appear with the "Removed" tag)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

No Worries Karl,

Dont get me wrong, every business can have a bad day, and the odd customer can have a bad experience, but they treat everyone who placed an order on this forum in the same way, but as I argued with them and proved them to be taking the mick, they took it an extra step with me - so my bark and bite matched. In retrospect I probably should have contacted their local Trading Standards office but I had little time for their pathetic business.

• Like 1

haha, I was tempted to ask for them to be added to the banned words list, but I prefer the approach that we can steer people away from the iceberg that lies ahead.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club