Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dpf Removals - Did You Fail Your Mot?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

So this is in essence a survey I suppose - I would like to gather information based on your experiences!

As most of you know, the MOT regulation changes in February, meant that any car fitted with a DPF originally and having it removed is now an MOT failure.

So the question is, if you have had your DPF Removed, and had an MOT since September - what was the outcome? Did the tester notice that you dont have a DPF? Did they not care? or did you get bitten by this change?

• Like 1

Posted it in the wrong place, multiple tab prob

I haven't gutted my DPF yet but i had a mot under the new rules, my vehicle got some advisory on smoke being too clean and engine cover plus undertray blocking certain components so no visual check was done on the DPF

Wrong topic lol

• Like 1

That amuses me "your car is too clean"

• Like 3

All thanks to the egr blank

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

how can "smoke being too clean" that just doesn't make sense???? like somebody inspecting Chernobyl and saying the radiation is too safe?????

• Like 1

I would guess it means appearing to give off less emissions than manufactures data but actually giving off more therefore foul play maybe the case or just leaking from elsewhere.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I would guess it means appearing to give off less emissions than manufactures data but actually giving off more therefore foul play maybe the case or just leaking from elsewhere.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

:lol: no foul play at work. Dpf is completely clean no build up of soot therefore no smoke. It's too clean for a reading on the smoke test machine so no reading was recorded that's what the advisory mean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Deviating back to topic :p

Has anyone recently had an MOT and passed or failed with the DPF Removed?

• Like 1

Deviating back to topic :p

Has anyone recently had an MOT and passed or failed with the DPF Removed?

"Break on through"

Are you considering the gutted root jeeb?

• Like 1

nah, I dont need it as my car doesnt have one. I am primarily "researching" for and on the forum so that if anyone wants it done we can say "90% of people passed / failed there MOT".

i think i have found a place that should pass a car thats had the dpf removed, where im going to get my car terracleaned, they do dpf removals aswell as mots,services etc, so in theory if they remove dpfs surely they pass mots thats had them removed lol

• Like 1

i think i have found a place that should pass a car thats had the dpf removed, where im going to get my car terracleaned, they do dpf removals aswell as mots,services etc, so in theory if they remove dpfs surely they pass mots thats had them removed lol

Win/Win

weather they can do mine as the garage specializes in alfa's so when its terracleaned i'll enquire, if they cant its not a problem, a remappers near me will do a dpf removal and power map for under 400 quid :)

I would say get the terraclean after the removal that way you will clean more of the exhaust but also should get better performance for the terraclean itself as it won't be choking on the way out

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I would say get the terraclean after the removal that way you will clean more of the exhaust but also should get better performance for the terraclean itself as it won't be choking on the way out

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

they should give a free interior vallet after you go in for terraclean, dpf removal and an MOT :lol:
  • Like 1

mot aint due till may '15lol