Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delighted To Say, New Car Ordered

nashy

After much deliberation i have finally ordered my new car and can't wait till September to get it. 1 litre Titanium X powershift with full dress up kit in Race red. I really liked the Zetec s but really wanted an auto so had to compromise on not having the 17 inch wheels i wanted and as i liked the sports seats i had to go for the Titanium X to get the same style but part leather. I also don't like the grill on the titanium so having a Zetec s grill fitted once the car arrives at the dealer. Was originally looking at an internet deal but my dealer gave me such a good price for the spec i couldn't really refuse. Gonna be the longest 2 1/2 months of my life ...

not bad at all Colin!

Where did you go? SMC, or Dagenham Motors?

Dagenham motors Strood, i liked the salesman Paul, non pushy very helpful and very patient with what must have seemed a very fussy customer who couldn't make his mind up :)

I havent had too many dealings with Strood, I find Gillingham are excellent though, so depending on where you live in relation to Strood, I would highly recommend Gillingham if its closer or easier to you!

Sounds good! Appears to be a well judge decision on what you had to have, and what you were willing to compromise on :)

Titanium x is great spec and sport seats are very comfy. Loving mine, great having same engine as as but looking bog standard. See a few puzzled looks in rear view mirror if having fun at traffic lights

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Ford OC mobile app

Thankyou..Counting the days to September but seems a lifetime away :(

• 3 weeks later...

Is it September yet ? i'm getting impatient :rolleyes: Also getting a bit nervy as keep seeing reports of problems worldwide with the powershift gearbox failing. I suppose the way to look at it is that you only hear from owners who have had a problem and not the thousands that don't. Well i hope i'm lucky enough to be in the latter category. Can anyone recommend a good boot liner, i have a Jack Russell that sheds for England so on the few occasions he has to go in the car i want to protect it the best i can.

Cheers

Nashy

U are the second person to say they don't like the titanium x grill,have u got a picture so I can see what it looks like has I'm getting worried has mine is coming soon.thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Nashy

U are the second person to say they don't like the titanium x grill,have u got a picture so I can see what it looks like has I'm getting worried has mine is coming soon.thanks

I just don't like the chrome detail on the red car and as mine has the full dress up kit i much prefer the zetec s look with the all black one which i think suits that colour better. I would have gone for a zetec s but they don't do it in auto and being the lazy so and so i have become i didn't want another manual. Look on google images and you can compare the two. Depending on what colour your car is the grill could look really smart, but for me, not on the red..

You'll be looking for a ZS grille then?

Sent from my S5

You'll be looking for a ZS grille then?

Sent from my S5

It's already arranged to be changed at the dealer during the pdi prior to me picking it up. 2 more months to wait though is doing my head in. :(

I just don't like the chrome detail on the red car and as mine has the full dress up kit i much prefer the zetec s look with the all black one which i think suits that colour better. I would have gone for a zetec s but they don't do it in auto and being the lazy so and so i have become i didn't want another manual. Look on google images and you can compare the two. Depending on what colour your car is the grill could look really smart, but for me, not on the red..

thanks for that, the colour I'm getting is moondust silver don't ask me why? As I don't even know if i like it. I've just had enough of black.

• 1 month later...

Well apparently my car has been built and is on it's way to the dealership. Even though i will wait for a 64 plate i can at least go and see the bugger and test drive it on trade plates. The wait has been a nightmare so i don't know if i would want to do that again. Let's hope it will be worth the wait...

Going to be a long few weeks waiting for 1st Sept, knowing it is sat at the dealer waiting for you....

Well apparently my car has been built and is on it's way to the dealership. Even though i will wait for a 64 plate i can at least go and see the bugger and test drive it on trade plates. The wait has been a nightmare so i don't know if i would want to do that again. Let's hope it will be worth the wait...

I don't no how u can wait it would kill me,had mine for 6weeks now and still loving it.

Colin

I too have a Titanium X 1 lt powershift on order for delivery in September. I have been forced into buying an automatic and this appears to fit the bill and has a host of new toys to play with. I have chosen frozen white and opted for the full leather as this gives lumbar support and heated seats. I ordered satnav, front and rear park aids and the active city stop. I too have a wire haired jack Russel and propose buying Ford's pet kit which consists of a boot liner, grill and bumper protector.

The car also will have a detachable tow bar which apparently means you cannot specify a spare wheel as well.

I can understand your frustration as you have another 4 weeks to go. It is good to hear that there will be at least one more automatic out there.

Allen

I think i'm going through a mid life crisis as i have had all the dress up kit fitted etc. I had originally just gone to a local dealer to have a look at a 4 door titanium in candy blue. I really liked the look of the 3 door Zetec S in red but was frustrated by the fact you couldn't get one with the auto box. i have been driving for 36 years and always had manuals untill i bought a little runaround smart fortwo diesel last year. That car had the worst auto gearbox you could imagine but i still actually enjoyed driving it. They say that once you have had an auto you wont want to convert back and with me that is definately the case. My only concern at the moment is the amount of people claiming problems with the ford gearbox. My dealer assures me though that the problems seemed to have been with the 1.6 box which has been completely redesigned to fit the 1 litre engine. I also think that you only hear about the people who have had a problem and not about the thousands that haven't. I have 2 jack russells by the way, one wired hair and the other short haired. If you think the wired haired sheds fur, well i tell you the short haired one is 3-4 times worse. I love him to bits but he is a nightmare and the fur gets everywhere.I shall have a look at the ford protection kit but i find in general that the sides of these liners never seem to come up high enough for me. I was hoping to find something more on you tube about the powershift versions but there is very little and what there is seems to be foreign.

I also tried to get more info/data specific to the automatic 1.0 and specifically mpg. The nearest I got was from the Honest John website which gave a range between 38 and 44 mpg from their sample. Checking through the online owners manual (02/20114) mpg for powershift variants are not given. There is also no mention of checking transmission fluid levels. I am hoping that the manual supplied with the car will address this.

My jack Russel (Layla) is wire haired, noisy and elderly. My daughter has 2 smooth haired JR's which are a handful. Your 2 dogs should be in clover after the confines of a Smart Car.

Let us know how you get on.

Sure you will be near down to the bone let alone no finger nails come August 31st.....lol.

I just picked my new one up, which has the same spec as the Titanium X, it is mega.

Enjoy... The Zetec S sport seats feel quite firm and hold you well, the leather just adds to that even more as i sat in one and the leather firms it all up!

I am getting keener by the day. It was good to hear your opinion on the seats as comfort is important. I do like my toys and as I am constrained to switch to auto am not expecting sports car performance. I confess that I do prefer the 17" wheels on the STs as well as the grill. The alloys look nicer/meaner. The powershift TX means 16" wheels.

I`'ll continue biting my nails until the car arrives.

Regards

I am getting keener by the day. It was good to hear your opinion on the seats as comfort is important. I do like my toys and as I am constrained to switch to auto am not expecting sports car performance. I confess that I do prefer the 17" wheels on the STs as well as the grill. The alloys look nicer/meaner. The powershift TX means 16" wheels.

I`'ll continue biting my nails until the car arrives.

Regards

I actually seen the 17" ST wheels selling on eBay..!!! With mint Bridgestone tires.. Like 450 ish, price all depending on how bad the wheels have been curbed! Set i saw had only one wheel that had a small mark on it about an inch long right on the rim, easy repair! Boom, got yourself a mint self of 17's. I idea for the future Allen.... ;)

Mine is on order too, the expected delivery is end of September though :cry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club