Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stupid Question Time - Windscreen Wipers

briantopp

Hi,

my current wipers are leaving smears across the windscreen so I purchased some Bosch Aerotwin A310S blades as they appeared to fit my 2010 C-Max. I've gone to replace them and run into a problem so wondered if anyone could help.

The car has a sidelock fitting and the Bosch website states that the A310S blades come pre-assembled with a "multi-clip adaptor" that is compatible with this fitting, the problem is that I can't work out how to get them to fit. Has anybody got any experience of these blades (or the Aerotwin range) who can offer an idiots guide on how to fit them please?

I've attached two pictures as well, one shows the adaptor as it comes out of the box

post-45803-0-15761400-1402746510_thumb.j

and the second is with the casing removed (if that makes sense).

post-45803-0-01727300-1402746554_thumb.j

Many thanks in advance.

Its just the pin holding it in place isnt it?

The bit of plastic that I've removed in the second picture is only held in place by the metal pin shown if that's what you mean.

normally I just carry the old cover to the new blade. If I am thinking right, you have the pole type blades, where you just put it in at a 90 degree angle and push it onto the pin on the wiper arm, then it locks in after you flatten it.

If your struggling to get the new cover on just recycle the old )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club