Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

nikki_louise

Can anyone recommend any good insurance company's, my 7 day drive away insurance ends tomo, iv done a little bit of looking around but not much, Aviva seem to come up cheapest at the mo, any input would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Have a go with comparison sites they usually find the cheapest ones.

Iv just left aviva this year beacause they are a joke when it comes to renewal i was with them for 2 years and even tho i never made a claim or anything they litrelly dropped my premium by about 50quid until i rang up and kicked off about the price for instance this year on a 1.6 zetec petrol focus aviva wanted 2,300 with driving 4 years and 3 years no claims and i got the price for 1,300 with co-op insurance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

CIS.

I've been with them 3 years and my renewal has just come and is £80 cheaper than last year with one no-fault claim.

Admiral/Elephant/Diamond (all same company) are incredibly cheap when it comes to insuring youngish drivers!move for my ZS tdci insured fully comp with them for just over 400 for the year (current 3yr no claims, well worth a go.

Try go compare, they should come up top of your list! If you really want to squeeze every last penny out of them you can ring them up and say you've had a cheaper quote elsewhere/take out all the pointless extras they give you!

Use compare the market and you get a free Meerkat as well! Bonus

Be careful when choosing insurance, cheapest isn't always the best always read the small print so your getting the cover your want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

That's very true Martin, you never really know how good your insurance is until you have to claim.

Well said Martin. Especially with websites and no-one to talk you through it. Read the T&C and make sure everything is correctly declared as they will easily void the policy if it's not right. With direct insurance the buck stops with you.

There have been recent stories in the papers that comparison sites have been colluding with insurance providers to artificially manipulate quote prices.

This is now changing and steps are being taken to make insurers stop this practice. Comparison sites will therefore need to discount premiums themselves to be competitive with the end result that you will have to trawl more comparison sites to get the best quotes!

All this is very ironic when you consider that back in the good old days you walked down the high street visiting the branches of various insurance companies getting quotes until brokers started up to consolidate quotes into one office to save you the trouble. Then we had direct insurers on the net and comparison websites to consolidate them.

Now you will need a comparison website for the comparison websites!! What a joke.

Go to an independent insurance broker on the high street.

Comparison sites use generic criteria for finding quotes and this often does not give you the options available when talking to a live person.

Yes and one that doesn't have high admin charges etc. They are not as common as they used to be and sadly they are not always competitive on young drivers but if you can get a decent price you make up the rest in local independent personal service.

Thanks everyone for your input I did abit more research an Aviva was still the cheapest so went with them, thanks again you guys really are helpful

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club