Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not sure I know what you mean?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I had two hands on the egr and was just shaking the car

Did you undo the two bolts?

I've tried the two on each end and the two on the egr

I've tried using Haynes manual but doesn't really explain how to remove there's not online guides for mk4 to be honest there isn't many mk4 guides online for anything

basically the centre of the engine where the pipe comes off, thats the EGR you need to disconnect the pipe off, remove the two bolts from it, then firmly pull the pipe back away from the head then refit the pipe with the plate on it as well.

Will have to try again maybe on the weekend

to be honest, thinking of how mine looks and yours, the biggest issue you face is the fact that as you pull the pipe away it will by its nature move less in direction that the pipe leads. By this I mean if you just undo the bolts and then push the pipe back, it will have a wider gap at the side of the front of the engine, and the one at the rear will have less of a gap. Either way, if you undo the nuts to the point they are being held on by about 2 or 3 threads then try to pull the pipe back, you should open enough space to then slot the plate in, relocate the pipe and bolt it up,

Mines a 2.0 which I thought were in different location. Mine feels like its welded

[post-49908-140544143525_thumb.jpgattachment=17910:ImageUploadedByFord OC1405441410.996269.jpg]

post-49908-140544141452_thumb.jpg

Your egr appears to be above the dipstick, Is this what your working on?

Yes the pipe runs to there but the valve is at the other end at the back which is what I can't get off

When your working at the back of the engine,. and you undo the two bolts, is there like a T piece where another hose comes out of the EGR pipe just behind the bolts? if so you might need to follow both pipes and undo the support brackets further down the line. I had this on my CMAX when I did it, like you it didnt move and this was the reason.

• 6 years later...

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I have a Mondeo 1.8tdci engine management light came on but no codes stored but is driving fine 

1 hour ago, Andy009 said:

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I have a Mondeo 1.8tdci engine management light came on but no codes stored but is driving fine 

You really need to start your own thread, otherwise most people will just pass your post by.

10 hours ago, Andy009 said:

Sorry first time on here 

No worries mate, starting a fresh thread just makes it much more likely that people will take a look.