Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Polish Do You Use?

bluemippy

When cleaning your pride and joy what polish do you use any why?

I use megs ultimate wax the one in the black bottle as it is easy on and off and can be put on in direct sun light and brings out a nice shine on my avlon blue focus

I use poorboys diamond white show glaze, exp sealant and nattys wax

bleach, and fairy platinum... colgate on the chrome, as it cleans mint....

• Like 1

ive always been fond of auto glym, although i use megs quick clay. yet to give the focus a detail since owning it, not had chance :(

I used either smartpolish, smartwax or dodo juice

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

mer,and will continue until ive got through the !Removed! bottle.

is that by choice greg, or is it you just dont want to waste it but would rather not use it?

bit of both really(being a tight wad) :D ,saw it being used at a show years back and you can put it on in direct sunlight and wipe it off.BUT it is a tad dusty.it does give a good shine and used to win loads of awards from auto express,but i assume there are better products out there now,ive been using a large 1ltr bottle for a few years now.

you can also use it as a wash aswell,i put a capful into a bucket of water and using my 1 way brush n hose kit(cant remember the correct name) can wash my smax with 1 bucket of water,done this with my old galaxy aswell.

• Like 1

Sounds like something I would say lol, I have a bottle of triple wax car Polish, just found it in a bag from woolworths, shows how long I had that and I won't be wasting it so it better be good lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

i use triple wax car shampoo bought a 5ltr tub years ago still got half of it left as you only need a capful. and i use farecla to polish with a machine when i have time B)

anybody who uses auto glym notice on super resin polish it sometimes leaves a white powdery dust after buffing out?

I wouldn't use polish, unless there was a particular problem that needed curing. (Some people seem not to be distinguishing between polish and wax; polish is abrasive...some products only give away the fact that they are really polishes in the small print.) So, not on a frequent/regular basis.

...auto glym...

Personally, I don't like Auto Glym for a few reasons

• It (super resin) goes off after a while - separates out into a white, waxy, snotball and a clear fluid. I've thrown a couple away that have gone off in that way, so I won't be buying any more.
  • It irritates my skin, so I have to wear gloves to use it. That's just me, but it isn't an advantage, and I don't know of other products that do the same thing.

Also, back 5+ years ago, Auto Glym used to do well in tests, wining many...these days it is more of a mid-field competitor. I guess they haven't kept up.

Recently, I've been using 3M Synthetic Wax, which is ok (it seems all-too-easy to buff less than the whole thing off which only becomes visible a day or two later, which is irritating); it looks ok and lasts, but I don't know where you'd buy it, now that Tesco doesn't stock it anymore.

When it comes to buying more (still got supplies of the 3M), I'd probably look here for the ones towards the top of the list (although, again it is unclear which are abrasive polishes); assuming that they don't do any more testing by then.

I wouldn't use polish, unless there was a particular problem that needed curing. (Some people seem not to be distinguishing between polish and wax; polish is abrasive...some products only give away the fact that they are really polishes in the small print.) So, not on a frequent/regular basis.

Personally, I don't like Auto Glym for a few reasons

• It (super resin) goes off after a while - separates out into a white, waxy, snotball and a clear fluid. I've thrown a couple away that have gone off in that way, so I won't be buying any more.
  • It irritates my skin, so I have to wear gloves to use it. That's just me, but it isn't an advantage, and I don't know of other products that do the same thing.

Also, back 5+ years ago, Auto Glym used to do well in tests, wining many...these days it is more of a mid-field competitor. I guess they haven't kept up.

Recently, I've been using 3M Synthetic Wax, which is ok (it seems all-too-easy to buff less than the whole thing off which only becomes visible a day or two later, which is irritating); it looks ok and lasts, but I don't know where you'd buy it, now that Tesco doesn't stock it anymore.

When it comes to buying more (still got supplies of the 3M), I'd probably look here for the ones towards the top of the list (although, again it is unclear which are abrasive polishes); assuming that they don't do any more testing by then.

I use ag srp for covering or menzerna fast gloss etc when machine polishing, regarding the srp separating I find a good shake of the bottle gets it working again, and with the irritation I find using gloves a necessity when working with any chemical, ppe is important when cleaning/detailing cars

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club