Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Ecoboost Smoking Problem

Loz39

Hope someone can shed some light on this as Ford could not!! Basically I have 10 plate 40k mile 2.0 200ps Titanium x sport Smax with 40k miles and full ford service history. Basically if I start it and leave it running it runs fine for around 5 minutes at which time it starts smoking. If I then drive it the smoking stops and if I stop it runs fine with no smoking for around 4 minutes when it starts smoking again. So basically it starts smoking when it is idling....if I start driving it clears in a few minutes and is fine until it idles again. I took the bottom pipe off the turbo and there was virtually no oil but the car is not overly quick so I am thinking the oil may be coming out the back of the turbo?

Any ideas?? Surely the car is too young for engine problems??

Cheers

Sounds like the EGR valve, as the car idles and is under low use the EGR remains closed. Then as you need power, it closes the EGR and sends the exhaust out through the tailpipe giving you more power.

My suspicions telling me that if you blank the EGR valve this will stop the smoking almost altogether.

I forgot to say that when the car is smoking it has a very oily smell.....could that still be EGR??

could still be as the EGR might not be sealed by the gasket. It sounds though the car is burning excess oil - whats the oil level at the moment?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club