Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 2002 1.8Lx Duratech Engine

hutch8847

Well folks recently got myself a wee run around a mk3 mondeo 127k .

Test drove it no lights on beautiful driving car

So journey home about 30 odd mile the oil light came on, that was alright was a bit low so put oil in.

Then the engine light came on with a chugging feeling like theres a miss in the engine. Hooked it up to the wee diagnostics got the P0400 code. ordered a new egr valve replaced it cleaned the pipes etc done an oil change n oil filter new plugs etc done typical wee service brilliant lights went off took it down the road and the oil lights flicking like mad engine lights popping on and off same codes showing up.

Knocking coming from engine and when u push clutch pedal in it stops

Theres a gurgling noise behind where the heater is situated on the dash the air vents wont blow air out now just on windscreen aswell.

and to top it all off filled the tank and the fuel guage went mad and is now stuck on the red light even though theres fuel in it.

Has anyone any other advice on what will put this car right other than t-met lol its our 3rd mondeo past 2 where diesel no problems with them.

thanks

Andrea

post-55087-0-95641700-1402865462_thumb.j

Wow sounds like you have a few minor issues there. for one, the rattling sounds like its the DMF on its way out, if its not already there.

As for the vents, sounds like the motor is stuck?

It's been such a hassle past 3 weeks. Was driving a 2012 C-Max 2.0 titanium before I got this was my fathers wat I'd do to have it back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds like you will have to invest a few quid thats for sure. I would be getting the clutch formerly checked out at best, then remove the fascia panels of the stereo area and check if when you move the flow switches its engaging correctly.

I had a thought that it would be the clutch my dad said he hoped it was maybe just a gear box bearing. Thank fully I didn't spend too much on the car when I got it.

Another thing we found was oil getting up round the plugs but we seem to have that problem sorted. The car just still sounds like it's chugging and missing to a point tht it's going to stall when stationary. The engine is immaculate and underneath the body is in good nick. The car was obviously kept but as far as keeping it well serviced I don't know the air filter was thick with dirt and the oil was rotten lol.

Gurgling and no hot air - pound to a penny an airlock in the coolant system. Needs bleeding/topping up and look for any leaks.

Chugging and misfiring coupled with the gurgling...sounds like a possible headgasket failure.

Compression test should confirm/rule out.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

There is hot air and cool air just no air threw vents apart from the one facing on to the windscreen.

It's turning into a nightmare. Straight swap anyone lol.

that sounds like your heater vent switch cable is at fault if your only getting it at the screen

Another one to add sitting at 50 and power cuts out steering just locks. And turning corners power loss steering locks?

when was the fuel filter last changed?

• 3 weeks later...

well folks wee update for anyone else having identical problem

dont buy an egr valve change ur plugs if u feel like it but before you do anything check your T PIPE!!! lol

so when your P0400 code shows up check it!!!!!!!!! lol

i have a cracked T PIPE letting air in causing the bad knocking and making it miss off a cylinder

my sender unit doesnt need changed either needs a few tanks of super unleaded with redex to flush out the nasty nasty supermarket petrol used in it before i owned it..

major weight lifted a ween of pound down when a simple £8 from ford woulda sorted me from the start :D typical

thank you all for your help and advice on my subject much appeciated!!!

bleedin eck that simple?#

you got any photos of the crack?

Yes just glad I didn't fork out more money in the end up was ready for gumtree lol no maybe get some tomorrow apparently it's common that came frm a ford mechanic who is thankfully a friend of my dads lol. B glad tomorrow get her sorted driving right again :L

good result! defo get a pic up if you can of the knackered pipe!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club