Do Not Sell My Personal Information

General Fiesta chat

JAR897

So I thought I'd make a 'general' topic for people to talk about all things fiesta which don't require a topic all of there own!

(Basically because I'm bored).

So, anyone want a chat about the wonderfully brilliant fiesta?

p.s. Possible sticky?

I have a MK4 which i haven't driven, can't drive until i save up for the insurance and can only clean it until it's bare metal.

But i already absolutely love it!! i was a bit weary about spending money on it because realistically it is not worth anything, but i like it so much i am prepared to spend a bit of moolah on it

General fiesta-y chat enough ? ;)

Erm... bored too but cant think of anything, unless u can make petrol cheaper hehe

NOt got mine yet so not sure what to say . . . .

My last car was okay until I hired a 1.4 Zetec and then realised just how Sh** a Smart For Two is.

Prior to that I had a MINI Convertible in Hot Orange with the full body kit, 16" alloys and heated seats - was gorgeous and called Tango

Talking of heated seats - how come the new Ka comes with heated leather seats but the Fiesta doesn't?

I can.. but the cost of flyoing abroad may offset the costs>

I pay £1,400 Fully Comp for my insurance, nearly 21 years old, 1 year NCB.. Can you people believe that??

It's only a 1.4 LX, does that sound expensive?

I pay £1,400 Fully Comp for my insurance, nearly 21 years old, 1 year NCB.. Can you people believe that??

Well they do say that insurance is more expensive for the younger. I seem to remember that mine dropped a lot when I got to 21 and again when I hit 25 so you might be lucky when it comes times to renew

Prior to that I had a MINI Convertible in Hot Orange with the full body kit, 16" alloys and heated seats - was gorgeous and called Tango

Just one question Paul--if you had a Mini convertible why do you want a Fiesta?

Now, before you all jump on me, I'm not condemning the Fiesta as it's a great car but it's just not a Mini.

The mini is old hat now. Theres way to many of them for them to be special anymore.

i love my fiesta :D

Just one question Paul--if you had a Mini convertible why do you want a Fiesta?

I brought it with some redunancy money that I had and when my partner and I decided to have a civil ceremony we agreed to sell it to get some of the money out of it and then brought the Smart as I needed to get it out of my system

The mini is old hat now. Theres way to many of them for them to be special anymore.

Oh you are so right about that - While Tango was pretty unique being in Hot Orange with the full body kit and big alloys, the amount of MINI Convertible's you see these days does make them pretty 'ordinary'. Having said that, I guess it is only a matter of time before the new fiesta's become common too - having said that a nicely specc'd up one will always look lush - you only have to look at the old style Fiesta ST's to see that

i love my fiesta :D

So do I but if I was flush with loads of money I'd be off down to the BMW dealers quick as a flash!

And then I'd have to go again for Janet's Mini........... ;)

I would LOVE a mini :) a bright blue coloured Cooper S or white one would be my dream :)

Even though I love my Fiesta dearly, a Mini is probably one of the only cars I would swap her for x

Thing is with the MINI is while it has an incredible options list so you can customise it and make it more or less unique, it is hideously expensive.

I went on line a few months back and priced up a half decent MINI One and I got it up to over 17K - bearing in mind that it is the bottom of the range and you will not get much, if any, discount and it makes it a whole different proposition to a Fiesta

And I would have to say that the Zetec I had on hire a few weeks ago felt as special inside as the MINI did - the only difference being the MINI could be made roofless.

Having said that - it is easy for me to say I would rather have a high specc'd Fiesta than a MINI but then I have had the MINI . . .

Thing is with the MINI is while it has an incredible options list so you can customise it and make it more or less unique, it is hideously expensive.

I went on line a few months back and priced up a half decent MINI One and I got it up to over 17K - bearing in mind that it is the bottom of the range and you will not get much, if any, discount and it makes it a whole different proposition to a Fiesta

And I would have to say that the Zetec I had on hire a few weeks ago felt as special inside as the MINI did - the only difference being the MINI could be made roofless.

Having said that - it is easy for me to say I would rather have a high specc'd Fiesta than a MINI but then I have had the MINI . . .

So have I Paul---I had a stunning red Cooper S but sensibly (and sadly) I sold mine to raise money to buy the house that Janet and I currently own.

I really miss the performance of the Cooper S but I don't miss the high insurance and low fuel economy but then again if I had loads of money neither would be a problem I suppose.

So have I Paul---I had a stunning red Cooper S but sensibly (and sadly) I sold mine to raise money to buy the house that Janet and I currently own.

I really miss the performance of the Cooper S but I don't miss the high insurance and low fuel economy but then again if I had loads of money neither would be a problem I suppose.

To be honest, not that I have got it yet, but the only thing I would add to what I have ordered is the Moutune kit to up the performance and I reckon with that you would not be that far off the performance of the Cooper S for half the money!

Fiesta talk seem's to have went all Mini. the Mini is for people who want a style statment to go with their big sun glasses, same as the Beetle. The Fiesta is for real people who know what a real car is not just a badge to show off, the Fiesta may not be as stylist but it does it in a quiet way that is it's beauty

That does sound a bit steep. Which insurance company are you with?

I pay £1,400 3rd/F&T, 18 years old, 0 years NCB, driving a 1.8TDi Focus. :huh:

I pay £800 for my Titanium 1.6 TiVCT, no years 0 claims, on my own policy with my mom as a named driver. 20 years old.. Confused.com!

I would LOVE a mini :) a bright blue coloured Cooper S or white one would be my dream :)

Even though I love my Fiesta dearly, a Mini is probably one of the only cars I would swap her for x

I loved the black eyed purple they did in the mini at one time but I dreaded them coming down the production line!

I pay £800 for my Titanium 1.6 TiVCT, no years 0 claims, on my own policy with my mom as a named driver. 20 years old.. Confused.com!

thats pretty good! i was well annoyed when getting insured, no one would believe i had 2 years no claims on my bike, but 2 years riding on the road with my own insurance and no claims seems to me like it should be accepted!

btw JAR are you american? cos you spell MUM weird! :P

It was a mini that I wanted when I went for my new car, but as I had to buy the car on finance I wasn't too happy at 9.9% APR over 4 years and the basic mini one was the only one in my budget. If I came into some money tho' I would love the Cooper S. That said however I am more than happy with my Fiesta. :)

i only pay £300 a yr for my insurance on a y reg fiesta 35td but i have been on the road a while lol by the way i need a grill if any one got 1

Every single time i check out car insurance or buy car insurance, its always from ecar. give them a go see if they will give a lower quote, they have a website

I would never buy insurance from a car insurance online "supermarket" as such. They have never beaten direct line and direct line does not appear on these sites.

I paid £450 as a named driver on my mk5.

I pay £550 on my own on my MK7.

:-) I'm 19. 2 years NCB.

I would never buy insurance from a car insurance online "supermarket" as such. They have never beaten direct line and direct line does not appear on these sites.

I paid £450 as a named driver on my mk5.

I pay £550 on my own on my MK7.

:-) I'm 19. 2 years NCB.

Maybe I'll give them a bell and see if they can beat other prices I have had offered, maybe they can "Quote me Happy"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club