Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Modifcation

FordKASam

Hey, so i'm 17 years old and i have had a KA for about a month now. Obviously i can drive and i have my license and that but i'm looking to start adding a few modifications to the car just so that i can start to gain a feel for changing things on the car and spending time on my car. I know the best way to learn about cars is to fix and change things on them, so i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of where to start with what kind of modifications?.
I wanted to start with something nice and simple and relatively cheap as i am currently still at sixth and not working any more so cash isn't largely available but i do have some access to money just not large amounts.

My first thoughts were to add a tint to the window as i know this can be done cheaply at home as my dad has brought tint and done his own car windows before?...

But yeah, hi everyone and glad i could join the forum and chat with you all.!

Sam

To be perfectly honest, and somewhat blunt...don't modify it! The insurance company will love you, but that's only because your increased premiums will pay for the Christmas party.

Look after it first - servicing, cleaning/detailing and the like.

Having only had the car for a month, I'd also suggest focusing on learning how the car drives and handles. Small standard cars don't have to be boring!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi,

If you do decide you want to modify it and have any problems with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Hi,

If you do decide you want to modify it and have any problems with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks Dan, I do have a black box on at the minute, wouldn't mind that off if you could sort it haha

• Like 1

Footwell lighting,

Change side indicators to clear lens with silvatec bulbs

Ultra flat Wiper Blades

Cree led reverse bulbs

Second boot light

Front & rear footwell lighting,

Colour code rear view mirror (if car is a light colour)

Dust covers for front seats makes them look sporty, the one piece waterproof covers

After that,

If your going to suffer for mods you put on, then the best worth suffering for would be:

Lowering springs,

Low profile tyres,

Induction filter,

Would greatly improve handling for such a small light car.

Thanks Dan, I do have a black box on at the minute, wouldn't mind that off if you could sort it haha

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back to see what we could do.

Regards,

Dan.