Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lighting

daz3.1680

I'm thinking of fitting some lights to my footwells before winter arrives. Has anyone done this & is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Hey Darren, quite a few members have done this. First thing you should do is have a look to see if the wiring and bulb sockets are there already in your car. Have a look in the driver's footwell above the pedals. This is what the bulb socket looks in the driver's footwell area:

20130530_172719_zps49e54978.jpg

If you have this socket and have a T10 W5W Led bulb knocking around you can plug it in and test to see if power is flowing. Remember with LED's if they don't work one way, turn it around and try again (polarity).

If you can't see this then you may have to fit the footwell lighting yourself and there is a guide on how to do this:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/

Wicked, thank you. I'll check it out.

• Like 1

Ben, I have the switch, where's best to get the switch & lights to check it works? I don't have any.

• Like 1

I ment the plug.

• Like 1

I had 2 bulbs, fitted in the two front footwells & it works.

• Like 1

see my guide for fitting front & rear footwell lighting aswell as illuminated ignition ring,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/?fromsearch=1

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply. Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear just pop some LED Bulbs in and see if power is being supplied. I think you have done this now and found they work so all you need to do now is choose the colour theme you want. Red & Blue being the most popular and grab yourself some bulbs off eBay.

Should get a nice spread of light depending on how many LED lights the bulb has. More the better tbh:

I chose blue for mine:

b25e88d1-1d30-4cd4-bc8d-b089df36a96f_zps

And this gives you an idea of how the light spreads in the footwells:

20130605_224911_zps58d4060c.jpg

Following Lenny's guide you can also splice into the power from the front footwells and do the rear ones with LED pods. Car will be gleaming then lol. I was lazy and spliced into illuminated scuff plates instead.

You can also then get yourself some LED Bulbs to fit into the courtesy lights in the front and back if you wish ;)

• Like 1

Cheers for that. I think blue for me. That pic looks mint.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club