Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Randomly Going Off

el-cheastyo

Hey guys. My alarm has been going off randomly for the past week and now the boot open warning is popping up even though it is closed. I'm guessing the boot is the problem. Any ideas on a temporary fix? Can I unplug the sensor? Also the music controls on the steering wheel have stopped working. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Try slamming your boot harder.. I've heard of this problem in the past! Also I'd get that seen to at a garage because if your latch is faulty it could lead to leaking!

As for the steering wheel controls try taking the trim around the steering wheel and see if the connectors at fault!

It's at the end of the video (Thanks to iNath :D )

Thanks for the reply :). I think there is some water in the boot too :(. Any ideas on the price of a new latch? Thanks for the video :) I'll have a look at the connection tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply :). I think there is some water in the boot too :(. Any ideas on the price of a new latch? Thanks for the video :) I'll have a look at the connection tomorrow.

Ah! It will definitely be the latch mechanism then.. I couldn't tell you honestly mate, I'd presume somewhere in the 100-200 region maybe? That would be a completely new unit, for now though, try getting some wd40 in there!! Might help loosen things up a tad! See if that works! :)

From Ford the lock mechanism is about £50.-

post-28494-0-79849400-1403143190_thumb.j

(The prices on my copy of Microcat are in Euros only)

Take the Finis code (part number) to your local Dealers parts counter.

Be careful with the latch cover (green part in picture) as it's dearer to replace than the latch itself - £75 !!

Glad you got everything sorted out.

Did you buy from Ford or another supplier?

All fixed :). 50 bucks for a new latch. That boot trim was a nightmare!

Wooo! Even the steering wheel controls? ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club