Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Is Mondeo Titanium X Meant To Look Like This?

dp1987

My dad has just purchased this Titanium x and it looks like it has st220 front and back bumpers and side skirts but the trade seller is saying that was an option from the factory for the bodykit? is that right does anyone know.

Looking around at other titanium x's for sale i have come across 2 others with same bumpers and side skirts that say factory fit but most of the others are different.

just want to know for insurance purposes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-Reg-FORD-MONDEO-3-0V6-TITANIUM-X-59000-MILES-TAX-TILL-END-JULY-/141317881910?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e733c036

The alloys look a little strange with a center I have not seen before. Otherwise it looks OK. I have a 54 TitX

yes that looks all ok.. i work in a bodyshop for a car rental company and have seen this alot,they use to do it on the mk2 mondeo zetec s model they fitted st bumpers but zetec alloys.

yes that looks all ok.. i work in a bodyshop for a car rental company and have seen this alot,they use to do it on the mk2 mondeo zetec s model they fitted st bumpers but zetec alloys.

yes but does it still have to be declared as some kind of body kit on insurance. as its the st220 front and back bumper and i have never seen other Titanium x's with side skirts

here is a link to what most Titanium X models for sale look like the bumpers are totally different and it has no side skirts like the one my dad has just purchased!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-FORD-MONDEO-3-0-V6-TITANIUM-X-5DR-HATCHBACK-PETROL-/171259740051?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27dfe03f93

no it dosent have to be declared as its from factory..its not just the bumpers that are different with yours but also the front wings are to as there more flared like st ones and the bottom of the wing is different to allow the end of the side skirt to fit also.so you will have no problem with insuring it..if your worried sum1 with etis or ford parts will check for free on the factory spec but like i have said i have seen it many times before on mondeo's mk2 and 3. A friend of mine got a mk3 st tdci he brought off our rental fleet having air con and sunroof together its a option they dont normaly do but i guess its down to the factory what they fit alot of the time

no it dosent have to be declared as its from factory..its not just the bumpers that are different with yours but also the front wings are to as there more flared like st ones and the bottom of the wing is different to allow the end of the side skirt to fit also.so you will have no problem with insuring it..if your worried sum1 with etis or ford parts will check for free on the factory spec but like i have said i have seen it many times before on mondeo's mk2 and 3. A friend of mine got a mk3 st tdci he brought off our rental fleet having air con and sunroof together its a option they dont normaly do but i guess its down to the factory what they fit alot of the time

Thanks for your help. The dealer is saying it's factory but I'm not convinced when majority of titanium x's don't look like that. Who can do that check for me on here??

I'd normally suggest Ford Etis, www.etis.ford.com - but there doesn't seem to be any data on there for that reg. Not uncommon, but if you can get the VIN and put that into Etis, you might be able to get some info - although I think the older cars have less info on there, so may be a no-go.

On my 58 Focus you get all the details of what it left the factory with.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club