Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Remapping - Mk 7 - 1.6 petrol

paulworthing

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket remapping options apart from Mountune available yet for the 1.6 litre petrol engined Mk7 fiesta?

Not sure that my other half is going to let me spend the additional 1299 + fitting to get the whole package in one go and thats the problem as I would love to add the remapping and then maybe the exhaust later (have to admit that I do not really like how the exhaust shows - think it would be abetter as a central one cut through the rear 'diffuser'

Not sure that my other half is going to let me spend the additional 1299 + fitting to get the whole package in one go and thats the problem as I would love to add the remapping and then maybe the exhaust later (have to admit that I do not really like how the exhaust shows - think it would be abetter as a central one cut through the rear 'diffuser'

The remap always comes last, only remap once you have modified the car as much as you want to. Otherwise the remap is pointless - if you modify afterwards, you will have to get the remap done again!

Also I think the mountune remap is tailored to their complete package of mods, so wouldnt work without them... If you wanted a remap without any mods at all you would need a custom remap, pleanty of companies out there that do this, most are just mobile-tuners who come to you, shouldn't charge much at all, definitely less than £70, seeing as they change no parts.

However I suspect that this would void a very large part of your warranty IE: your ECU and everything that attaches to it. If I was you it would be the official mountune package or nothing

Bear in mind that the entire mountune package only increases by 20bhp, and thats with a full stainless exhaust, race cat, air filters etc, so i wouldnt expect more that 5bhp tops from re-mapping a standard stock car

superchips and bluefin are currently in development of a new ecu map for mk7 fiesta, mountune are aslo working on a tdci remap for the mk7 but is in development stages at the moment!

If you use a bluefin it doesnt effect ur warrenty aslong as u return to factory settings before booking it in for anything they are pretty much undetecable!

im struggling to get a remap for my mk7 1.6 tdci... most companys are saying there in development! :( :(

I did have a 'removeable ' re-map on my MINI One Convertible and that was what I was looking for.

As for the Mountune offering, tbh I am not a lover of the exhaust system as it does look like an aftermarket thing as opposed to a properly intergrated system and it is that part that I do not want unless they can make itm ore integral to the car (i.e. maybe a central exhaust or either side of the central part of the 'diffuser' and coming through it rather than under it)

Ive spoken with them about the exhaust and this is the only way they could do it without having to have the difusser completely changed, they wanted to do a square exhaust but because of the diffuser had to make do with twin pipes, after seeing their premises and what they do there, I believe them when they say, this is the best they could do.

Ive spoken with them about the exhaust and this is the only way they could do it without having to have the difusser completely changed, they wanted to do a square exhaust but because of the diffuser had to make do with twin pipes, after seeing their premises and what they do there, I believe them when they say, this is the best they could do.

That is a shame as I take it Mountune is to the Fiesta as John Cooper Works is to the MINI, i.e. the only one that does not affect the warranty, and I would like to try and up the performance slightly but am never going to have enough spare cash to do it all in one go

That is a shame as I take it Mountune is to the Fiesta as John Cooper Works is to the MINI, i.e. the only one that does not affect the warranty, and I would like to try and up the performance slightly but am never going to have enough spare cash to do it all in one go

I know that feeling only too well!

Being on short time and a reduced salary at present all I can do is wait........ :rolleyes:

Unless, of course, you know the winning 6 numbers for tonight's lottery draw!

Ah John I know the winning numbers but keeping those to myself lol

Did you read my cars going back to Mountune for a week? im doing a swap for their demo car.

Ah John I know the winning numbers but keeping those to myself lol

Did you read my cars going back to Mountune for a week? im doing a swap for their demo car.

Yes, I'd seen that--is there a problem or do you just want them to double check it over?

I wonder what extras their demo car has managed to glean over the last few weeks.................

You'll have to enlighten us as soon as you get your paws on it!

As you can see I'm still squeeze with envy!! :lol::lol:

:unsure: i am kind of in the same boat,would like the mountune upgrade but at nearly £1700 fitted in one go,but i do think its good value,only trouble is you cant take the mods off the car when you come to sell it like say if you had a cais,bluefin and exhaust you get some money back by selling it on,but still tempted with the mountune ive had 2 test drives now and the only other thing that puts me off a bit is great sounding but loud exhaust note,as for the re-map, bluefin for the similar 1.6 ti-vct focus engine it give you another 15bhp :D

:unsure: i am kind of in the same boat,would like the mountune upgrade but at nearly £1700 fitted in one go,but i do think its good value,only trouble is you cant take the mods off the car when you come to sell it like say if you had a cais,bluefin and exhaust you get some money back by selling it on,but still tempted with the mountune ive had 2 test drives now and the only other thing that puts me off a bit is great sounding but loud exhaust note,as for the re-map, bluefin for the similar 1.6 ti-vct focus engine it give you another 15bhp :D

Where did you go to test drive one then?

Yes, I'd seen that--is there a problem or do you just want them to double check it over?

I wonder what extras their demo car has managed to glean over the last few weeks.................

You'll have to enlighten us as soon as you get your paws on it!

As you can see I'm still squeeze with envy!! :lol::lol:

Still experiencing the same power loss problems and as it happened when I was pulling out in rush hour traffic the other week I said I needed it looked into more, they are going to give it a good going over, they have changed their demo car - has carbon stripes, mirrors, diffuser, nose and front splitter oh and black team dynamic wheels, Rob had his upgrade done last week and saw it parked up.

How much was it?

Where did you go to test drive one then?

archers ford in ashby,theve got a titanium fitted with the mountune upgrade as a demo car,think theve got afew zetec s brand new with it fitted

• 7 months later...

So any news on other engine re-maps then as while I love the Goblin I would like a little more power . . . .

Pumaspeed offers power upgrades. i want the front aero blade..

No mention of what the re-map does towards more power, improved mpg, improved 0-62 time etc . .

Already got the front aero blade as it is standard with the Dress Up kit (although I believe it is about £120 extra on the ZS)

I sent an email to superchips last week, they said their waiting to get a mk7 petrol in for development.

With regards to power Pete from GSR engineering is willing to design an induction kit for the mk7. His induction kits get rave reviews over on the zetec s owners club and the fiat forums. Proven power gains and would sound lovely aswell. Would anyone be interested?

I sent an email to superchips last week, they said their waiting to get a mk7 petrol in for development.

With regards to power Pete from GSR engineering is willing to design an induction kit for the mk7. His induction kits get rave reviews over on the zetec s owners club and the fiat forums. Proven power gains and would sound lovely aswell. Would anyone be interested?

Maybe . . .

i am a little bit too far away :lol:

yeap! :rolleyes: