Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Going Off! Help!

ljmulls

My 2003 streetka is in a horrible state as both exterior door handles are broken and the drivers door card is off the car. I have come away for the weekend and every time I try to get in the car and start it the alarm goes off!

I have tried checking everything is shut and still no luck. It's been doing it for two days and I have no idea how to make it stop!

When I press unlock on the remote the interior light comes on but there is not noise of the car actually unlocking. When you press lock you can hear it make the noise but it seems to be locking and then unlocking again. I have tried to look at removing the alarm fuse but I can't find it and I have tried finding someway I can disconnect it but no luck!

So the central locking doesn't clock with the key?

Have you had to open the door by the key in the barrel? If so, you opening the door then pressing unlock on the key? Does this make a difference? It sounds like the alarm system isn't disabling when you turn it on but the reason could be due to the door handle issue

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I eventually got the alarm to stop and was able to drive it home. But it is still sounding when I use the boot release.

The central locking is pretty loud and when you press lock on the remote you can hear the car lock and then unlock again quite clearly so don't need to use key fob to open it. And pressing unlock on the remote doesn't seem to do anything! No sound or lights.

Does it sound like the door handles could be the problem?

I would say change the battery in the key and use the spare if you have one, it sounds like possibly the unlock button on the fob is worn out.

As for the handles, thhey might not necessarily help but I am beginning to think they are less the issue!

The fact that the boot switch also sounsd the alarm, sounds to me like there is a wiring issue of some form, perhaps a corroded and shorting wire. Check the boot grommey to make sure that its not got any broken or frayed wires, but this is going to be a difficult one to track down!

I have tried both keys and same thing is happening with both. One only had a new battery a couple of months ago so I don't think they are the problem!

I'm sure it will be horribly expensive knowing my luck with cars!

very odd, sounds like the remote central locking module might be playing a part...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club