Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper Protector

Pete80

Im looking at getting a bumper protector but struggling to find something suitable, my car is a 2007 model but there only seems to be foil types, I want a plastic one, will one from a 2010 model fit ?

This is the one im looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-HATCHBACK-2010-on-PREMIUM-BUMPER-PROTECTOR-TBP2010-/140897658739?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AMK+IV%7CModel%3AMondeo&hash=item20ce27a773

Any help would be gratefully received

have you thought about a metal one instead?

Something like this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-car-styling-2007-2012-Ford-Mondeo-Mk4-High-quality-stainless-steel-Rear-bumper-Protector/1883616938.html

or

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ford-Mondeo-2-0T-Stainless-steel-Rear-bumper-protector/922581275.html

Alternatively though, the bumper protector for a 2010 is the same I believe, but you will need to make the holes on the bumper for it to slot into.

I've bought some clear fablon this morning, going to use that until I get the bumper resprayed, will have a hunt around for a suitable part in the meantime, I am liking the stainless one though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

aye, the stainless is good, but I think it looks a tiny bit outa place, especially when the rest of the car has chrome on it, but I cannot imagine how peeved I would be if I pulled something outa the boot and scratched the chrome!

Where did you get the Fablon?

I want something similar for the Focus

(Put a new, freshly sprayed bumper on and it only took my sister 2 days to put 2 chuffin' great scratches in it with a pushchair - but it wasn't her, oh no - or course not!!)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Wilko's sell fablon, i was looking at it the other week for a job in the house! Lol

Liam

Sent from my ST25i

I got the fablon from homebase was almost ten quid but you get a massive roll, may well do a few other parts around the car when I get time

Im clearly missing something, what le chuff is Fabion? :p

It's a film that people use for putting on glass normally, there is all different colours shapes etc, most people use the frosted type for privacy on bathrooms etc. It's not bad stuff I'm contemplating doing the bumper again right now but can't be arsed lol

haha, I might do the same to try prevent my car from eating the stones that seem to lay ahead of it!

I think my car is so powerful, its like a dyson, any stone within a 1 mile radius is sucked clean off the floor and straight into my cars face!

You can have a film put on professionally I believe, might be expensive though, worth a shot with the fablon mate its not too bad to apply

might just have to have a look at that! If nothing else if its easy to whip off and replace it might still save my paintwork being ripped to shreds!

Sorted the bumper a bit not quite perfect but will do until I get the bumper repainted here's a couple of pics as you can see I had to cut the piece into two and there is an overlap in the middle but at least it's protected. Equipment used was a set of scissors, sellotape and a craft knife

post-7030-140370484013_thumb.jpg

post-7030-14037049456_thumb.jpg

post-7030-140370496006_thumb.jpg

I had to really look to try and find the overlap, but it looks really good! as you say its protected for now and thats the main thing!

Yep, you can see the marks on the bumper though which was caused by something getting caught between the bumper and boot lid, there is a pitting where stones or something have been trapped, I've popped some fablon on the bottom of the boot lid too

how did you fit, just roll it on and push the air bubbles out with a plastic card?

I started to peel it slowly and used a cloth gently pushing down managed to get it right first time :-)

not bad at all! was the length not enough in one go? or did you choose to do two halves to make life easier?

To make it easier, because it was curved I had to gently slice with a craft knife, would imagine it's a pita doing it in one

I would probably have to do it in one lol the overlap would irritate me!

I could have done it without the overlap but working nights I never have much energy in the day especially when I should be sleeping lol

lol thats fair game!