Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Exhausts

midsfocuszetec-s

Hello all, can anybody help?? Will a rs focus or st225 focus 2009 exhaust fit a zetec s 1.6 2009 focus???

Thankspost-48404-140359158115_thumb.jpg

No they won't because of the spare wheel space st doesn't have one only way round is to have one made up having mine done at power flow on Saturday 250 .

No they won't because of the spare wheel space st doesn't have one only way round is to have one made up having mine done at power flow on Saturday 250 .

£250. Is that cat back dual exit? If so they are getting a phone call to book mine in asap. Lol. I paid that 3 years ago on an astra.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Yer back box with duel exit quad tail pipe I,ll take some picks Saturday afternoon when it's all on the twin exit either side fill the gap in the zetec s diffuser nicely it was 250 for back box and dual exit or 420 from cat back .should look awesome .

Ok. Nice. Just having the back box will you still get a nice rumble?

They ask you what sort of tone you require and will make to suit I asked for a bit of a noise but nothing to boy racer ish don't want to be attracting mr plod

• Like 1

Yea I know what you mean. Lol. I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

post-29006-0-82497400-1403610265.jpg this is what I'm having

Nice. That will look and sit just right with the zetec s diffuser I recon.

Karl had exhaust fitted how's thispost-29006-0-73152500-1403978800_thumb.j

Very nice mate. That sits in there just right.

Did you just get the back box in the end or did you go cat back?

I bought my 2.5" catback duplex from piper exhaust in the uk for 405.00GBP

post-14733-0-04376300-1404037093_thumb.jpost-14733-0-64566600-1404037135_thumb.jpost-14733-0-08021100-1404037120_thumb.j

post-14733-0-20053300-1404037073_thumb.j

• Like 1

Just the back box Karl but when I went to pick it up he said I would of rung you but misplaced your number would of done it cat back for an extra 50 so it's going back in a week or two for the other bit

• Like 1

That's not bad mate. So that would be £300 for cat back? !Removed! good price. Any chance you can get a video up of the sound?

• Like 1

Will get a sound video Karl waiting for my lad to come round so he can do it whilst I give it a rev Lenny was yours a 1.6 or 1.8 tdci

Will get a sound video Karl waiting for my lad to come round so he can do it whilst I give it a rev Lenny was yours a 1.6 or 1.8 tdci

its a 1.6TDCi blanked egr , gutted dpf, remapped, Green Cotton Induction filter and the 2.5" cat back

but the exhaust is designed for all 3 focus diesels,

My 1.6tdci didnt have a pre-silencer as standard but since the piper is designed for the 2.0TDCi aswell,

the 2.0TDCi has a pre-Silencer box as standard,

Mine now has a pre-silencer box as result but it doesnt reduce the performance.

Was just wondering as mines a 1.8 tdci and I,ve got no pre silencer on it going to get a green cotton filter for it soon .

• Like 1

Was just wondering as mines a 1.8 tdci and I,ve got no pre silencer on it going to get a green cotton filter for it soon .

no prob,

There's a 10% Discount code for Green Cotton Induction filters listed on the guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

• Like 1

Planning on getting the twin exhaust aswell but just the back box. I have a 1.6 Petrol Auto so the mpg sucks as it is. Will getting this Mod lower it even more?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

You wouldn't notice any difference really. Unless you start booting the car all the time.

• Like 1

If anything my mpg has gone up not really into booting it anyhow so with just normal driving found an improvement and the mid range acceleration is crisper .

• Like 1

Planning on getting the twin exhaust aswell but just the back box. I have a 1.6 Petrol Auto so the mpg sucks as it is. Will getting this Mod lower it even more?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

if you were to look in to fitting a 200cell cat aswell this would increase flow through the system,

After you fit say a 2" pipe from cat back

It is then the cat that limits performance,

So a free'er flowing cat will increase performance along with a 2" system or 2.25"

Then the next mod would be induction to fit a performance filter allowing a greater mass of air in to the combustion.

All of this will increase performance but on a N/A (naturally aspirated non turbo) it will all ad up to a 10bhp increase and reduce fuel econemy,

However on a turbo vehicle the smoother flow of exhaust gasses and increase in induction air helps the turbo so spool up (spin creating compression)

And can help mpg as boost comes on earlier than standard meaning you dont puah as hard for the same result.

The diameter of the exhaust pipe also helps,

For a N/A petrol a 1.75-2.25" pipe is sufficent

For a turb9 petrol a 2.0-2.5" pipe is sufficent,

For a turbo diesel a 2.5"-3.0" pipe is sifficent,

Any bigger on these can actually reduce performance by resulting in no back pressure atall.

Too much has a negative effect aswell as not enough,

So the 1ltr Saxo with the 5" titanium tip back box is actually slower than stock.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club