Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Switching On By Itself

Jeff4155

I first thought it was just my imagination, but after switching the aircon off and then switching the the car off and back on again, I noticed that the aircon switches itself back on again automatically, I have the pre-facelift 2011 Titanium model but without auto climate control.

can anyone give me some insight on why the car keeps on switching the aircon on after the car has been switched off and back on again, is this a setting? sins its in the middle of winter here in SA I would prefer not having to switch the aircon back off again every time I start the car?

I have attached a pic, hopefully you can see the type of aircon I have

post-52935-0-11289200-1403594807_thumb.j

It'll be down to the blower setting being left to 1 or higher and the direction set to the windscreen I think. If you move it so it's not fully on the windscreen setting it shouldn't come on

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes if the fan is on and the direction knob is on windscreen the a/c will come on automatically.

You can stop it by turning the direction knob back one click.

Aaah ok, thx for that, it actually makes sens, sins the windows will defrost quicker with the aircon than just plain air blowing at it, I also noticed that when my front wiper blade is on and I reverse the rear one also does one whipe, amazing the small stuff these guys thought of when designing a car.

I agree. Also do you notice the intermittent wipe changes speed if you stop. Say you have fast intermittent and you come to traffic lights it changes to slow intermittent then back to fast when you set off again. Clever stuff.

Yes, very good. Although my 10 year old Citroën did the wiper tricks too.

I also like how the stereo stays on after turning the ignition off until you open the door

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

One thing I wish they would do, is auto switch lights off when the doors open!

I had it on my Kia Cee'd, if you leave the lights on accidentally, as soon as you open the door they turn off. I used to just leave them on permenantly and use them as daytime lights lol.

Ford have got a lot of clever idea's but I wish they would take on a few more little tweaks to the entire range to make it that much better!

They go down to side lights and then you have the warning buzzer. This is because you may want to leave them on to make the car visible on the side of the road etc. If they auto turned off you could leave an unlit car in a hazardous place. I assume that's the reason anyway!

I haven't tried the wiper trick yet, but as for the auto dim lights, I doubt you will find it on a B segment car, I rememer this was an added extra with the Xenon package on the golf 5, not even standard in the C segment. Then again the Kia's are giving the rest of the market a run for there money

2010 model Titanium with auto Climate Control. When driving after the car has been garaged overnight, and again after a short stop, the climate control has set the temperature to 22oC, when it was set at 17.5 or 18 before switching off. Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks, Fiefan.

the Cee'd I had was a 2010, if you set parking lights, they stayed on, but if you had headlights on, they turned off! the Cee'd was an excellent car that much is for sure, I just wish Ford would bring a couple of these things to the table.

As for you Rob, sounds to me like the issue is to do with the car being set to Auto. It detects the cabin temperature and adjusts the EATC automatically to the most suitable output.

Had a Renault with smart wipers if you had them on and you came to a stop ( traffic lights ect) they would automatically stop and switch to intermittent wipe clever idea but being french it didn't always work

haha, the French have a lot of good idea's but they just cant implement them :p they probably designed and built the tower of Pissa and look how that is these days :p thats pretty much the way their cars go :p

Seen newish mercs and golfs fitted with led drls that when they indicate it switches off the corresponding side drl , suppose it shows the indicator more clearly

Yeah thats the intention, DRL lights are not to cause distraction or obscure the existing lights and signals, so if they have them near them, purely because of their high power output it needs to be dimmed so that the lights can be seen over the top of them.