Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Door Won't Unlock

ThePoshCat

Hi,

I'm new here.

I have a 52 plate Mondeo.

The central locking works on the drivers door and two back doors, but the passenger door won't open at all, I can't even pull the lever from inside to open it.

How can I get the lock open please?

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,

First of all, when you pull the handle, does the handle move? secondly, does it move with resistance, or does it move as if its not attached to anything?

Either way it sounds like you will need to at least take the door card off, and drown the latch in Electric Contact Cleaner, perhaps a dose of WD40 if this doesnt work. It just sounds like the deadlock is stuck on, or it could be if the handle cable has snapped?

Hi,

The handle pulls all the way with the usual resistance, but the smaller lock handle will only pull a little way, not all the way.

sounds like the lock has indeed seized, you will need to remove the door card, and then lubricate the door latch and see if you can release it.

How do I remove the door card without opening the door please?

not sure on the 02, but you should be able to access the bolts probably under the door pull handle trim (on the grab handle) and then unbolt the door, you would then need to drop the window and remove any window handles and then remove the door card.

If you search eBay for door card removal for your car there will be instructions that should help.

• 8 months later...

Having the same trouble on my neighbours 52 registration Mondeo - will not open inside or out, the lock tab on the inside is angled inwards and will not move with the central locking or by hand.

WD40 onto the door lock?

Maybe, if you cannot move the the lock at all then it may work but your better off with a silicone lubricant long term