Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus 1.8Tdci Issue

tedis

Hi guys. It might be a very long shot in a dark but I will try. I've heard ppl talking that in 1.8tdci ford diesel engines fuel injector failure is very common. Who could clear this out for me ? :) and how I can prevent them from failure? I fill my focus with Shell nitro+ diesel I assume that helps lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

the only problem i have had with the injectors is the seals *4, (chuffing noise) but i recon this is just wear n tear.... whilst they were out and being re-seated i had them cleaned and spray tested......... diagnosic read/clear n re fitted

They are ok I have no probs at mo but sone ppl really scared me of saying u bought a bag of ........ injectors fail on the most of the times an so on. I've heard about 1.6 and 2.0 that they not well built I though that 1.8 would be the best

ur right about the 1.8tdci its the best solid lump going...... if the injectors do go, then its only wear and tear.... the only thing i can suggest is good proper fuel, and maybe a injector cleaner of some sort, along with every service..... so like a bottle of red-x twice a year, and fuel filter once a year, oil/air filter n oil twice a year.......

• Like 1

I use Shell nitro+ diesel. I've just changed fuel filter etc. I do think of buying wyyns injector cleaner which goes straight into fuel filter to prevent any dirt from a tank blocking injectors.

yeah, use the cleaner...... then change the filter as it would of caught loads of crap maybe from the tank..........

i have just used this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cataclean-Catalytic-Converter-Cleaner-for-Petrol-Diesel-475ml-/301105565304?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461b4a4e78

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer :) oh there's another thing. When I put my foot down I've noticed some black smoke coming out of exhaust. I know it's diesel it should have some coming out.but I guess because it stud at dealers yard for at least 3-4 month need a bit time.

P. S I never drive away before engine was running for at least 5 min. Should I wait longer?

i wait around 1 min, just time for oil to circulate... black smoke is common, now if there is excessive then maybe a problem.... 1 of the cheapest and most beneficial mods you can do is purchase a egr valve SOLID blanking plate, this costs around 4 quid of the bay and doesnt throw any eml lights up.... this will help with turbo lag, better economy, better pull off, less smoke, more mpg (in some cases) cleaner running and the inlet wont get choked up of carbon deposits..... this is a must... please do.. order 1 tonight..... straight forward fitment under 5 mins......

Oh ok thank you so much

• 3 weeks later...

My car doesnt go over 80mph and I have the same car. Itstarts shaking a misfiring like crazy when I try and simply wont go. Could it be an injector fault?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

possibly but it sounds like something else, when was it last serviced?

Might be worth starting your own thread in the focus section so that we can help you specifically!

Jeebowhite, I opened a thred but no replies. Is der a specific place for focus? Also I serviced it last about 2 months ago. Full service buy ford.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 months later...

Hello a lot of common problems I come across with the diesel from 2006 focus onwards is the diesel particulate filter clogging up and causing no end of trouble , bad design on a lot of the newer diesel models , also not many of them doing the "regen" process as specified within the set up

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hello a lot of common problems I come across with the diesel from 2006 focus onwards is the diesel particulate filter clogging up and causing no end of trouble , bad design on a lot of the newer diesel models , also not many of them doing the "regen" process as specified within the set up

That's why I chose the 1.8 mk2.

No DPF to worry about.

That is why I went for the petrol version.

Sent from my telegraph using Ford OC

• Like 2

I bought a 2004 focus St in dark grey metallic , half leather interior , one owner from new and so far I have to say is a pleasure to drive and descent power from the 6 speed box, also driven sensibly it seems to be good on fuel .

Yeah same as me 1.8 no dpf no worries lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club