Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Foc Members Occupation

karlos1987

Where you in healtchare in the army or where you front line?

I started as an apprentice Joiner, got made redundant so moved to work at Lloyds bank. Now I work for a company in the motor trade dubbed the leading car scheme for disabled people.

some quite distinctive career jumps there Warren!

some quite distinctive career jumps there Warren!

Haha Tell me about it..... ive kinda just followed the money :P

• Like 1

cant say I blame you matey, if you dont follow the money, no ones going to follow you with it!!!

If you can negotiate my debts down to zero that would be appreciated!

Impossible I'm afraid, can advise you on the best methods to settle them for 20-30% of the full balance, lol

• Like 1

Impossible I'm afraid, can advise you on the best methods to settle them for 20-30% of the full balance, lol

Don't those things mess you up though for future credit etc.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

This time last year i was working in a co-op food store as a till monkey, money wasn't great, but was working with some really good people, new manager came in, lets just say we didn't get on, and about 2 months later i quit as i was being accused of stealing, unfortunately was unemployed for far too long, but in December i got a job delivering medication to nursing homes, money is a lot better, management are brilliant and I am much happier now

And the manager at the co-op i used to work at is currently on a disciplinary on a sexism allegation!

Just goes to prove, what goes around comes around! :D

• Like 2

Don't those things mess you up though for future credit etc.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Surprisingly, no.

If you were to default on credit i.e. credit card

That default date will stay on your credit file for 6 years from the default date, after those 6 years it naturally falls off your credit file however you still are liable for the outstanding amount - the 6 year period acts in a way to give those who have defaulted before a 'fresh start' to rebuild their credit file report, other wise known as your credit score. If you're in a mortgage and you are looking to re-mortgage your home to release equity or it has come up for renewal and you have a default on your credit file it can impact you and the bank may so no. Settling balances in full is in simple terms 'like the default never happened' and your credit file is updated fully satisfied/settled, with a balance outstanding of 0. A settlement with a discount is really no different, whether they settle the account by a penny, pound or thousands of pound less of the balance, their credit file is updated to partially satisfied/settled with a balance outstanding of 0. But if I'm honest there is no difference between the two at all, I never came across anyone saying "I've settled my account with a discount but I'm still not obtaining credit" or anything like that.

Sadly I am too familiar with the process that Jordon speaks of at this time!

What surprises me is that if you approach any debt management company, they dont negotiate your debt. They negotiate only your repayments to it, but I dont see why they dont start by negotiating on the debt to be paid, and then negotiate on the payment plans.

If you can crush a debt from say 10K to 2K - sure it upsets the bank that they arent getting all their money - but it gets people out of debt quicker and means that they can get on with spending money to boost the economy....

Anyway, I digress!

• Like 1

Sadly I am too familiar with the process that Jordon speaks of at this time!

What surprises me is that if you approach any debt management company, they dont negotiate your debt. They negotiate only your repayments to it, but I dont see why they dont start by negotiating on the debt to be paid, and then negotiate on the payment plans.

If you can crush a debt from say 10K to 2K - sure it upsets the bank that they arent getting all their money - but it gets people out of debt quicker and means that they can get on with spending money to boost the economy....

Anyway, I digress!

I wouldn't recommend anyone to a debt management company unless they was in complete utter financial distress. Debt management companies are quite frankly useless, they make you aware of what you already know - you're struggling with your finances and you can't afford repayments. About the negotiating, in fairness debt is something you've borrowed which you can't now repay back, all I heard was before was customers blaming everyone else but themselves. "They shouldn't have offered to me" well perhaps you shouldn't have accepted, knowing you couldn't repay it back. Another good one is "the balance is made up of interest" yet again the customer is made aware of that when they sign the credit agreement, that it they were to miss or default in payments they are liable for interest charges which are legal.

However, you can negotiate your debts with a time frame, rather than a one off payment.

E.g. The debt is 10k, you're currently paying £10pcm due to your financial troubles. You can make an offer off "I'm willing to pay £3k over x amount of years". A company would accept this given you don't take the mick with your time frame, 3-4 years would be acceptable.

• Like 1

Full time student :P

I also work part time at IKEA selling kitchens, though I do seem to do around 40 hours a week >_>

• Like 2

Full time student :P

I also work part time at IKEA selling kitchens, though I do seem to do around 40 hours a week >_>

I have fitted a few ikea kitchens now, despite the fact many fitters won't touch them. Simply because they dot have a service void at the back lol

I used to manage three bookies...fun times...got let go when I was 8months preggers cus boss was pee`d I wasnt coming back after pregnancy...money was great but was 40min travel each way & leaving lenny at home with two babies wasnt an option...now stay at home slave with bubba no 3 on the way

Started as a part time till monkey at boots when I was at uni, ended up going full time after uni and worked up to team manager. Was there for about 10 years before my wife developed some issues and I've been her full time carer for just over 2 years

• Like 2

Started as a part time till monkey at boots when I was at uni, ended up going full time after uni and worked up to team manager. Was there for about 10 years before my wife developed some issues and I've been her full time carer for just over 2 years

Top respect to you mate,

I cant say id take that position if it became available in my home though,

Very difficult and demanding.

• Like 1

Agree with lenny, I love my kids but it's a hard job, thankfully they will grow up and hopefully be healthy, but I can only sympathise with families who have to become carers children or partners, parents or friends, it's a hard job and anyone who can manage it deserves top respect. Anyone who manages it without surmounting to the stress, depression or anxiety it can cause are real life superheros

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Top respect to you mate,

I cant say id take that position if it became available in my home though,

Very difficult and demanding.

In sickness & in health till death due us part - lenny maybe I should reconsider! !! Total respect richard

• Like 2

im a chef at a private hospital

Agree with lenny, I love my kids but it's a hard job, thankfully they will grow up and hopefully be healthy, but I can only sympathise with families who have to become carers children or partners, parents or friends, it's a hard job and anyone who can manage it deserves top respect. Anyone who manages it without surmounting to the stress, depression or anxiety it can cause are real life superheros

+1
  • Like 1

im a chef at a private hospital

your cooking is 5H1t :lol:

• Like 3

your cooking is 5H1t :lol:

haha lenny i hate being a chef, ive been doing it since i was 15(im now 28) i hate the profession unfortunately i dont know what i want to do apart from the only job im qualified to do :(

Bry, I started when I was 16 in pizza hut, not as long as you but if you can call it cooking I did that for 4 years. We know your on a crap wage (tell me a chef who isn't lol) but it's never to late. Whilst chef is specific, you can move to anything you want, it, labour, crafts, nursing, there are grants our there to help you retrain if you want to so I say if you hate it as much as I did you can find a way out.

you're absolutely right mate but i really have no idea what i want to do, a few mates have said why not try a careers advisor but i just dont know what i want to do lol :(

haha lenny i hate being a chef, ive been doing it since i was 15(im now 28) i hate the profession unfortunately i dont know what i want to do apart from the only job im qualified to do :(

im just making a joke of it because you said it was in a hospital and everyone knows what hospital foo( is like,

At least they can now log on and complain to you lol,

Have you considered manufacturing the patients medication instead of there last supper? I've been manufacturing since i was 17

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club