Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost Mongoose Exhaust And Finsport Cais

bigmunkynutz

Hi all,

Looking for some advice

I have a Mongoose CAT back twin exit exhaust & Finsport CAIS Induction Kit fitted to my Fez ecoboost at the minute but am looking to buy a 08 on Focus ST soon, as we're buying a new house and having a baby so a bigger car is needed.

I suppose my question is really about maximising my returns

Do you think i'd

A - get more money for my car private sale with these items included along with a Collins remap

B - Get more money as a trade in at Polar Ford - items left on vehicle

C - get more money for my car private sale with these sold seperately but still included a Collins remap

B - Get more money as a trade in at Polar Ford - items sold seperately?

Any views appreciated!

Definitely not option B.

Sometimes you can beat up the dealer to get a really good trade in value, but normally private sale nets the most return. If you can find someone who appreciates the mods then fine, but otherwise it may be easier to sell as standard and then get some money back on the parts separately.

• Like 1

Thanks Alex, Liking the look of the Focus there in your profile!

Thanks Alex, Liking the look of the Focus there in your profile!

Thanks, not sure how much longer I will have it though, quite tempted by the facelift Focus...

I won't be taking my own advice either, lol. I am too lazy to do private sales and selling parts, I'll just try and beat up the dealer for a good value.

None of those things will add value to the car, sell separately, plus it puts people off buying modded cars, especially performance wise as implies it's been ragged. try and sell privately you'll get the most for it and have the cash to flap about in the salesman face to haggle the Focus price down.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club