Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C Max Titanium Radio - Wont Work

Caz1982

HI There

I have just joined the Ford Owners club so hope I am posting this in the correct place

I have been a ford owner for over 7 years now and only 3 weeks ago picked up my white C Max Titanium 2011 plate, everything on the car is perfect apart from the radio, it has worked really well up until recently when I put on on to DAB it freezes and it wont let me change stations and jsut says ' no reception'. It will play CDs and it will also bring up the Traffic news but nothing else, I went back to the garage where I purchased it and guess what - he fiddled with some buttons and it started working - sods law, anyway it worked fine on normal FM until I tried to put it back onto DAB again - guess what it is stuck again and I cant change station - its very bizarre but what could the problem be?

Many thanks

Carrie

Sounds like its lost connection with the antenna?

Check behind the map light, make sure the connection is solid, then you will have to pull the radio out and see if the antenna is connected securely or otherwise.

i have also just had this problem occur and the irony of it all is it happened after i had taken it to ford to fix another issue

same car also Ford C-max Titanium 2011 plate

have you checked these connections?

no idea these connections even existed until, i just went and had a look to see to connectors, and a cable running through the middles of them to what i can only assume is the rain sensor.

Tried both re-plugging both connections and its not made any difference.

was this just on the back of the stereo or under the aerial base?

Just the ariel base, I wouldn't know where to start to get to the back if the radio, car is still under warranty so may just throw the car at ford and let them sort it, but if there is a easy way of doing it then I'm willing to give it a try first

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Take it back matey it's easier. If any damage is done by doing it then they pay to fix it lpl

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I'm paid for the extra warrantee, might as well make good use of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Definitely if you had nothing then you have nothing to lose but when they are there to be used I say use them!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club