Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Collection - Zetec S

CraigW1

Hi All,

Just joined the forum. My partner is picking up a lovely new black Zetec S 1.0 ecoboost 125ps on Saturday and was just wondering if there is anything i should be looking out for in particular during the handover? I'm not particularly up to speed with Ford's but i am a car enthusiast and want to make sure that everything is in order.

Are there any known problems with this particular model? I had a test drive a few weeks ago and must say I was very impressed with the torque from such a small engine :o :o

Thanks guys

Craig

Hi Craig

I've my zetec s for about 4 weeks now and I've got to say the car is absolutely brilliant .I had my red 1.0 zetec s ecoboost with privacy glass leci windows all round leci folding mirrors and rear parking censors for a week when I took the family up to Yorkshire so the car was fully loaded kids and luggage DVD player with 2 screens plugged in a sat nav on the go and mobile phones plugged in. Pulling power on the motorway was not a problem whatsoever Infact it left a lot of cars behind and that was on the m62 which is very hilly. Then while in Yorkshire we went into Whitby on a day out so u have to go over the Yorkshire moors and it was great fun the road holding performance acceleration everything was faultless the drive on the country roads was like a fairground ride that's the only way I can describe it .The mpg was good aswell considering the car was fully loaded and let's just say I didn't spare the horses haha! On the way home and it's a brand new engine with only about 60 miles on the clock and it still managed 45 mpg TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

On collecting your car it'll be just the usual stuff like showing you all the controls ect all I would say is that when they do all that they should sync for phone to the car for your hands free they did mine and my wife's when we picked up our car

Thats great to know Peter :) , sounds like your really enjoying your new car. Your spec seems very much similar to what we have ordered which is privacy glass, city pack and 18" alloys. Really looking forward to collecting it on Saturday and then the detailing will begin :D

Have you got 17s or 18" wheels and did you get a spare wheel?

Ahh ok. I've got 18s but sadly no spare wheel.

Hope you enjoy your motor fella :-)

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to taking it for a long run. Just picked it up this morning and then was playing golf this afternoon. I'm loving the full body kit and the front skirt and rear diffuser looks great. Going to give it a really good clean over the weekend. The18"a look great but the only downside is not getting a spare.

Couple of pics guys

image-45.jpg

image-44.jpg

image-46.jpg

• Like 1

Wow that's a twin of mine. Black is best colour.

photo5_zpsabd79495.jpg

Love the cars guys!! They look great. :) :)

@ Booster absolutely identical pal. I love it in black but I think it will be a killer to keep clean

@ Peter didn't get it synced Peter as my partner with all the excitement forgot to bring her mobile :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Will read manual and get it done tomorrow. Hopefully its quite easy to do.

Two very nice Foci! Love the red and the black!

For the first month or so I got to give it a wash every weekend but now I'm getting lazy and the dirt is always showing up plus mrs has curbed on wheel :(

That's my biggest fear with the 18" wheels is the dreaded kerbing

Booster

Nightmare in the curbed wheel mate. :( Im liking those mini st alloys I was gonna get them on mine but didn't like the idea of not having a spare wheel. I'm dying to get out and clean mine I've only managed to clean mine twice in the month I've had it the weather has been to hot at the weekends was gonna do it this morning but it's rained all day hoping to clean both focus's tomorrow! It's driving me nuts that I can't get them cleaned especially my new one

Beautiful in black, the 18" alloys really set the ZS off a treat as well! If I had them on mine then it'd be almost identical too ;)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club