Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 6 Fiesta No Start. 1.3 Duatec

blue van man

Crank, no start. Got fuel, got spark. got compression. no codes Put noid lights on injectors and no light.

Using a multimeter the readings in the injector plug are battery voltage on one and 3.2 volts on the other.

Can anyone advise me what these voltage reading might mean, or any thing I might be missing.

Maybe some one has been down this road before.

I'm at a dead end now.

The low voltage recorded could be a caused by a high resistance -possibly corrosion- in the loom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I have seen this once or twice before. Sometimes if u are not getting a cam a crank position signal they won't fire. Usually u wouldn't get a spark though aswell. Have u tried looking on a diagnostic machine at an engine speed while cranking it?

Sent from my iPhone

That,s interesting . I have a cheap diag machine . Ill try that. also ill have another look at the sparking because the noid lights do light just once when I first crank. so I'm thinks maybe I saw one spark and incorrectly ticked that one off of my list.

thanks man , all I need is from people to share their experience so I have something to try.

If the noid light is lighting up then it must be seeing a signal from them. Try it anyway see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone

Only lights up once. need it to be flashing all through the cranking. so I'm thinking its might be the same with the spark Maybe I saw one spark and ticked it off my list.

Maybe the sensor works for a second and that's your lot. The problem only used to happen when the engine was hot and I was hoping it would get to the stage where it happens all the time so I can get on and fix it.

At least we have some theories to test.

Thinking I need someone with the kit / know how to find/ test the sensors.

I don't want to trail and error buying parts, I want to learn.

I work in a garage with good diagnostic equipment use it a lot of the time. Things that would stop the car sparking and injecting are possible probs with those sensors. Maybe imobiliser problems. Wiring. Stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone

Oh yes . ill annoy the heck out of you with lots of question.

Just thinking of the injector. |'m feeling that one wire is the power wire ( battery voltage)

the second wire is a signal wire ( measures 3.2 volts)

and it earth out through the block.

So, Is the second wire a signal wire. ?

If so, shouldn't the voltage rise and fall with cranking . When working.

If I want to be able to test sensors , do you know of a good diag kit that don't cost a fortune

Not sure if the other wire is a possible switched earth which switches it on and off when needed to work. Only thing with diagnostic kits are ones u buy to use at home are not that good with things like that. Usually just a code reader. If u use a good one then usually pretty dear.

Sent from my iPhone

3.2 volts is not enough. It should be about 13volts. I hate to ask, but have you tried a battery booster or a different battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Of course, have battery voltage on the power wire. I think the other wire is a signal wire so we are looking for 0 - 5 volts.

I'm thinking the problem is not the lack of signal voltage, but perhaps the voltage may be staying the same throughout the engine cranking.

Im looking at you tube vids on testing the crank sensor.

Ill have another look at it when I get time. I bought the car for £ 150 so I can learn more about fixing cars. ( bit left field , I know).

Brendan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club