Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus 1.6 Tdci Zetec (2010) - Remapped

JC600

not sure Lenny they said T10 501 w5w, anyway I am MOST impressed and wanting to know more about the fog light reversing light relay thing which switches I Really like that idea, I am not spending much on this car just keeping it clean tidy and looking good, spent WAY too much on my last motor, Lenny I take my hat off to you VERY nice project you have there you cannot deny the quality of the ford :D :driving:

• Like 1

not sure Lenny they said T10 501 w5w, anyway I am MOST impressed and wanting to know more about the fog light reversing light relay thing which switches I Really like that idea, I am not spending much on this car just keeping it clean tidy and looking good, spent WAY too much on my last motor, Lenny I take my hat off to you VERY nice project you have there you cannot deny the quality of the ford :D :driving:

thanks very much Andy,

The focus was a good design to begin with so it responds well to subtle modifications, ive spent many day_ and nights gazing at it wondering what to do next lol and even in its modified state the stock engine parts are handling it very well,

Where possible i used genuine ford parts to modify the original ford design for two reasons

1. Show ford how it should be done a STDCi diesel ST 100% possible

2. Keep it subtly modified not boy racer looking but more maturly modified practical modifications.

I can explain the auto off relay to you in the dual reverse guide here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk2-mk25/#entry158997

As i dont want to be filling up Jamie's build thread with my technical jargon irrelevant to his build,

If you take a swift look through the pagesvof the thread ive linked in this post you will see images of the auto off relay install,

It just filters the positive feed on the rear fog light,

And a sensor feed from relay fits to the reverse positive,

So anytime reverse is active, the relay prevents any power being sent to the rear fog light.

In the event you have your rear fog light on,

The relay will overide the switch while reverse is active,

Then reactivate the rear fog as soon as you stop reverse.

So theres never a red and white light shining out the rear at the same time.

Thanks lenny I will read with interest sorry Jamie, last request where can I get this relay ?

Many many many MANY THANKS :D :driving:

• Like 1

Thanks lenny I will read with interest sorry Jamie, last request where can I get this relay ?

Many many many MANY THANKS :D :driving:

sadly and to my surprise the company "GenLabs" whom manufactured these off the shelf auto relays have gone out of business,

Fear not though a relay is easy found, any auto off DRL wiring loom will do exactly the same purpose and it is exactly that DRL auto off relay which GenLabs m\nufactured, that i used for the reverse/fog

I've done an eBay search and this is an equivalent replacement

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/270929531647?cmd=VIDESC

Yellow feed to positive reverse feed,

Red+black to ignition, connect them to positive+negative feeding from switch to rear fog,

Red+black to DRL, connect them to positive+negative ends feeding to the fog light bulb,

Spare Red+black to DRL, tape it up surplus to requirements

THANKYOU Lenny you are a star, I will see how much my pal can get the clear light for from ford with his staff discount.

Bed time phew

:D :driving:

• Like 1

THANKYOU Lenny you are a star, I will see how much my pal can get the clear light for from ford with his staff discount.

Bed time phew

:D :driving:

£27.77

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_lhd_rh_rear_bumper_lamp_assy__f_1505706_c_553.htm

Decided to colour code the fog surrounds, just need to leave them to harden for 24hrs. Fit the chrome rings and re-fit. :)

Wet and dried.

DSC_0056_zpsw43d21up.jpg

Primed

DSC_0057_zpslorosnyd.jpg

Painted.

DSC_0058_zps8uufoess.jpg

And laquered.

DSC_0059_zpsqyga7orr.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great Jamie,

You're a lucky man can spray paint with fantastic results,

I don't have the patience personally.

Cheers Lenny, I like painting just don't like the sanding bit lol......they could be better, but can always be re-done at a later date. I like to do as much as I can myself. :)

Sent from under the bonnet

• Like 1

DSC_0060_zpsqxyi963n.jpg

Can't wait to fit them tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

I cant paint for toffee I get the red where number 2 goes and the green where number 1 goes looks most odd lol. :lol:

Great work Jamie looking top knotch indeed :D :driving:

• Like 1

lol....cheers Andy. :D

• Like 1

lol....cheers Andy. :D

here's a question:

How many flys, moths and wasps were dead inside your fog light surrounds?

None lol......just loads of dirt, which is currently being rinsed out by torrential rain lol :)

• Like 1

Fog surrounds re-fitted. Just need polishing up in a few days. :)

DSC_0061_zps2wplx01l.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsqjiyz2zh.jpg

DSC_0064_zpsd6o8qqld.jpg

DSC_0065_zps8octg4pw.jpg

• Like 1

They look fantastic mate,

A titanium spec lower grill would suit ypur car nicely unless you're planning to fit a ZetecS front lip,

• Like 1

That makes such a difference colour coding the fog surrounds. Right, that's going to be my next mod after I get my Halfords card. Will need to get paint, primer and clear coat. Where did you get all the bits from btw? And how did you remove the surrounds? Thanks

• Like 1

Cheers mate, yep paint, primer, laquer, 400,800, & 1200 grit wet&dry. Just carefully pop them out with a flat screw driver. Then unclip the chrome surrounds. Got all my bits from Halfords using my discount card. :-D

• Like 2

Cheers Lenny, still thinking about the zetec s upper & lower grills. :-D

• Like 1

Think I need to buy more stuff at Halfords with my dicount card, to cover the £50 parking charge for being over 2 hrs hours as my wife got called into work to check CCTV. :angry:

049L01NU10ZWA_zps48594e0a.jpg

437L02NU10ZWA_zps2b0c86b4.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate, yep paint, primer, laquer, 400,800, & 1200 grit wet&dry. Just carefully pop them out with a flat screw driver. Then unclip the chrome surrounds. Got all my bits from Halfords using my discount card. :-D

Cheers man. Will get my card first then get the bits and bobs. Should be good fun :)

• Like 2

A few new pics, with the last few mods. :)

DSC_0088_zpsj7itkdp_edit_1407589886108_z

DSC_0087_zpsqplltda_edit_1407590167527_z

DSC_0086_zps6ulpanp_edit_1407590240529_z

DSC_0084_zpslxamuus_edit_1407590311009_z

DSC_0090_zps58v3jmu_edit_1407590403562_z

DSC_0091_zpslnd8gdp_edit_1407590471229_z

DSC_0092_zpsp53j9pj_edit_1407590561080_z

DSC_0093_zpshdshpgh_edit_1407590640017_z

• Like 4

liking the colour coded fog surrounds and bonnet lip makes the car much cleaner

Car looks fantastic mate very tidy,

What size are those alloys im liking the design alot :)

Cheers lads......yeah, so much better colour coded. :)

Lenny they are 17", and were a option pack on the Zetec. And the tinted windows were part of the pack too.

• Like 1