Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci Mk 7 Cooling Fan Staying On?

moon_monkie

Hi, we have an issue with our Mk7 1.6TDCi where occasionally the cooling fan will come on and refuse to go off. It's obviously being set off by an incorrect temp reading as the car is normally not hot when it does it.

it's only happenend a few times and I the only way I've found to stop it before is to get out & lock the car then unlock it get back in and turn the ignition key although even that has failed today leaving us no option but to walk away from the car... The only other thing I can think of doing is disconnecting the battery forcing it to reset.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing and what they did?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is what you're referring to but the fan on my Focus will sometimes stay on for a couple of minutes after turning the engine off even after a short journey, I've looked into it and its normal maybe something to do with the turbo or dpf.

no it's definitey not normal as has continued to run and has now flattened the battery. Seems to run a high speed too much faster and nosier than you would expect a cooling fan to operate at.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club