Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo V6

Paulhaley

Hi, I have a Mondeo Duratech V6 (Automatic)on a 54 plate, I am drawing air into the system resulting in loss of power, now spluttering to an engine cut-out. It has been to Ford for diagnosis and they confirmed air getting into the system and probably a gasket but at £90 an hour I decline their offer to work on it for a couple of days. Has anyone else had a similar problem and where is the best place to start. Thanks.

Have you looked at the small pipe that runs off the top of inlet manifold..or around throttle body.??

I believe so, this is one that has a push fit fitting into the manifold, admittedly I haven't checked it for cracks or leaks, is that a good place?

The crankcase breathers can split, drawing air into the inlet that is not measured by the MAF, and often on only one bank (so one bank runs lean/ can have a knock-on effect on the plugs, cat(s), too )- the PCV valve is connected to these breathers, and can gum up too

You can often hear the breathers hissing if they are split and you may be able to pinpoint the leak (engine running, bonnet open)

I'm away from the car tonight but will check these tomorrow, put jubilee clips onto the short rubber pipe that connects the rigid pipe to the PCV valve as it was loose and you could suck and blow into it but after clips it will only go one way, didn't check all of them for blockages though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club