Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Zetec Estate Rear Wheel Issue

Stu1983

Hi Guys,

For a while now, I've heard some odd noises from the O/S/R Wheel.

Started as a faint 'whoosh' noise but on longer journeys (and more recently) it's more of a squeak or squeal. It stops if I brake and isn't always constant. Seems to do it more when stopping or pulling away.

I jacked up the Car this afternoon to have a quick look around (I'm no mechanic but thought I'd might be able to clock something).

When I jacked the offending side of the Car up, I had the handbrake on and I could spin the wheel around and around easily.

I jacked up the other side, handbrake on and couldn't move the wheel at all.

Any ideas what this is? Guessing, from the fact I can spin the wheel it's handbrake related?

Cheers.

Sounds like the cable could have snapped or you have a cylinder issue but the brake should work on booth sides when applied.

I couldn't take the wheel off today, couldn't find the sodding locking wheel nut.

I've read that the cable can seize etc... so I am hoping a liberal squirt of WD40 may free it up again (if it is that).

If not, it's back down the garage for the 2nd time in 2 weeks :-(

If it's not coming on at all it could have snapped but let's just hope some WD40 does the job.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club