Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6Lx 2007 Central Locking Issues

algenash12

Hi am having a couple of issues with cental locking

1) car locks and unlocks itself while driving.

2). When locking the car no longer get indicators flashing (double tap key fob)

Any help appreciated

Check key battery. Change it if you can. Then see if it sorts it. If not might be a faulty key or module.

Some cars have the option to lock the doors above a certain speed, e.g. 5mph. I don't know if this is an option on your model but if they lock as you drive off then unlock when you stop that might be the explanation.

Have now noticed that car locks and unlocks itself when parked up, and no one sat in it. Any ideas??

Took battery out, still was doing the same, someone at work has same focus model as me and said it could be fuse 63. But he couldn't remember where you find it. Is it worth me checking that fuse? And where would I find it?

Worth checking. It's passenger footwell fuse box.

Have checked all fuses and keyfob battery, still having same problem. Central locking seems to play up the most first thing in the morning when driving to work, will constantly lock and unlock while driving. When at work park up and lock the car (no indicator flash) check all doors and boot they seem locked Then go inside, pop outside 5 mins later car is unlocked. But come lunchtime central locking working fine, get indicator flash when lock the car. Car stays locked, and There no locking or unlocking while driving. Problems return again in the evening.

Have you tried it without a battery being in the keyfob for a while. Lock the car using the key. That way you find out if its the key or the module.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club