Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S 17" Alloys

zed550

Got my 17" Zetec S alloys with tyres that I found on the internet over the weekend on a nice price. Seller had them refurbished and did a great job with them. Tyres have one or two small chips on the profile, but nothing major.. Can't wait to get them fitted and take some star photos :)

I think these are one of the nicest alloys around for the Fiesta, what do you think?

post-51565-0-02114100-1404124290_thumb.j

Yes they're my favourite on the MK7.5!

Got my 17" Zetec S alloys with tyres that I found on the internet over the weekend on a nice price. Seller had them refurbished and did a great job with them. Tyres have one or two small chips on the profile, but nothing major.. Can't wait to get them fitted and take some star photos :)

They would look awesome in gunmetal grey on your car!

I think these are one of the nicest alloys around for the Fiesta, what do you think?

attachicon.gif2014-06-29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah I do think so too! Love the alloys. My only concern is the low profile tyre as I have never had them before, gotta be extra cautious with potholes and kerbs. Any good/bad experiences with different tyre brands? - Currently it's Continental contisportcontact 2.

Yeah I do think so too! Love the alloys. My only concern is the low profile tyre as I have never had them before, gotta be extra cautious with potholes and kerbs. Any good/bad experiences with different tyre brands? - Currently it's Continental contisportcontact 2.

Well my tyres are 205/40 R17 it does feel with the bigger wheel and tyres it sticks to the road better, but because they are low profile you will feel must bumps and if you do go over a pot hole to fast you may crack the alloy which can be costly.

There not bad ;)

TiFront_zpseaipi0tc.jpg

There not bad ;)

TiFront_zpseaipi0tc.jpg

Very nice mate, that colour of the car is awesome!

Here's mine with the wheels fitted. - I drove about 100 meters with it, but it's way louder than the 15" ones it had before.

post-51565-0-13983700-1404214760_thumb.j

I just need to put the 15" set on eBay :)

Midnight Sky (grey)

The 17s are a bit noisy because of the low profiles tyres but look great and handle great.

I have these and absolutely love them despite the extra cost. Everyone has individual tastes, and I've never been a great fan of the Titanium standard alloys, so although it was £300 extra, to me they make all the difference to my new car, so have been worth every penny :-)

Yeah i got them fitted , but to be honest i have ambivalent feelings. On one hand i love the rims but on the other hand i truly think that it's very loud compared to my 15inch ones. Wondering if that's the Pirelli tyres on the front or that it's that much louder in general. Any suggestions? If I can't find solution i think i'll keep the 15s and sell this on with a broken heart...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so now i have been running on the new set of 17" wheels for a good 2-3 weeks and here are my feedbacks.

The average MPG dropped from 48 to 47 right away. This included some motorway and city use.

I feel that the grip is better a tiny bit, but the noise coming out of the tyres are louder too inside the car, especially on rougher asphalt.

Also, maybe it's just me, but is that a possibility that i feel i've lost a couple of horse powers? - what's the experience on this?

Willy: I didn't know you could now get the body kit on the 5 door ! Looks great.

Willy: I didn't know you could now get the body kit on the 5 door ! Looks great.

Yeah, Ford decided that the 5 door would get the body kit when the facelift came out :) I really wanted an ST but I needed a 5 door so the ST and Zetec S were out.

• Like 1

There's a lot of effects from moving to larger wheels and wider tyres:

- Higher unsprung weight (the wheels weigh more)

- Higher air resistance (if the wheels are wider, the tyre makes a wider "wall" that air cannot pass)

- More grip during cornering (Partly because the "patch" of rubber touching the asphalt gets wider, but mostly because the sidewalls are lower, thus the tyre flexes less - this also causes the tyre to stay cooler, since flexing is the primary cause of overheating tyres)

- LESS grip during acceleration and braking (Because the amount of rubber touching the asphalt is the same regardless of your tyre width, and if the tyre is wider the "patch" of rubber touching the asphalt gets wider as well, and therefore not as long - this is rather technical, you can find plenty of physics related articles about this subject online)

- Harsher ride - there's simply less rubber to absorb impacts (which is also why potholes will have an easier time damaging the rims)

- More noise (some from the wind because the tyre is wider, some from the "patch" of rubber being wider)

Some of these will feel like losing power - the mayor ones are the higher weight and the increased air resistance.

And indeed your 0-60 time will usually suffer a bit (think about 0.1 or 0.2 seconds depending on a LOT of factors, such as tyre quality, rim weight, and so forth)

Hope the above makes sense, otherwise feel free to ask :)

Oh and btw. I run 17" 205/40 myself, though I use the mk7 snowflake rims, because I think they look better :D

Thanks Will. Learned something new there :)

looks great , great job on the refurb too

There's a lot of effects from moving to larger wheels and wider tyres:

- Higher unsprung weight (the wheels weigh more)

- Higher air resistance (if the wheels are wider, the tyre makes a wider "wall" that air cannot pass)

- More grip during cornering (Partly because the "patch" of rubber touching the asphalt gets wider, but mostly because the sidewalls are lower, thus the tyre flexes less - this also causes the tyre to stay cooler, since flexing is the primary cause of overheating tyres)

- LESS grip during acceleration and braking (Because the amount of rubber touching the asphalt is the same regardless of your tyre width, and if the tyre is wider the "patch" of rubber touching the asphalt gets wider as well, and therefore not as long - this is rather technical, you can find plenty of physics related articles about this subject online)

- Harsher ride - there's simply less rubber to absorb impacts (which is also why potholes will have an easier time damaging the rims)

- More noise (some from the wind because the tyre is wider, some from the "patch" of rubber being wider)

Some of these will feel like losing power - the mayor ones are the higher weight and the increased air resistance.

And indeed your 0-60 time will usually suffer a bit (think about 0.1 or 0.2 seconds depending on a LOT of factors, such as tyre quality, rim weight, and so forth)

Hope the above makes sense, otherwise feel free to ask :)

Oh and btw. I run 17" 205/40 myself, though I use the mk7 snowflake rims, because I think they look better :D

Wow, i've got no more questions :) thanks for this mate!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club