Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Induction Kit?

M4RC

Is there an induction kit for my fiesta 1.6 TDCI? I had a look but could only find the J1 but that's only suitable for the 90 ps but I think men's is the 95. It also says only suitable before 2010

Is there an induction kit for my fiesta 1.6 TDCI? I had a look but could only find the J1 but that's only suitable for the 90 ps but I think men's is the 95. It also says only suitable before 2010

Are you looking for a complete induction where you removed the induction hose for after market parts or just a panel filter to just replace the current one?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Are you looking for a complete induction where you removed the induction hose for after market parts or just a panel filter to just replace the current one?

A complete induction kit as I already have the k & n panel filter but it makes no difference

A complete induction kit as I already have the k & n panel filter but it makes no difference

I've found a complete k&n induction kit on eBay for your car, they do from 2009-2013. What year is yours?

I've found a complete k&n induction kit on eBay for your car, they do from 2009-2013. What year is years?

Induction kits won't make any difference either, the outlet of the compressor (housing) is small - about 35-40mm, it is the main restriction in the induction, if the stock filter/ inlet is already larger than that, making it bigger still will make no difference (might make if pull a little bit better before the boost kicks in, or it may make no difference at all (more likely)) some induction kits may actually loose power due to heatsoak

It may make it louder, though, but because its a diesel it will probably just sound like a loud taxi, van or truck (not a "performance" sound- don't ask how i know this)

turbo cars are all about the turbo, boost pressure, intercoolers etc, diesels are about injectors, remaps etc,

de- lugging (smoothing out the inside) the stock airbox was found to make more power than an aftermarket air intake on some turbo-diesel Fords

If the car has a resonator, it can be bypassed/ deleted

If you don't already have a remap,(including Superchips) get one, this will make the biggest difference of anything

Exhaust is worth doing, decat. DPF delete, all makes a difference, as does fitting a freer-flowing exhaust, its worth fitting a solid EGR blanking plate

A little bit of (sensible) lightening helps, a larger FMIC and running more boost After that it tends to get expensive with more money spent for less and less gain

Superchips remap -

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/Fiesta16TDCi95ps.pdf

Induction kits won't make any difference either, the outlet of the compressor (housing) is small - about 35-40mm, it is the main restriction in the induction, if the stock filter/ inlet is already larger than that, making it bigger still will make no difference (might make if pull a little bit better before the boost kicks in, or it may make no difference at all (more likely)) some induction kits may actually loose power due to heatsoak

It may make it louder, though, but because its a diesel it will probably just sound like a loud taxi, van or truck (not a "performance" sound- don't ask how i know this)

turbo cars are all about the turbo, boost pressure, intercoolers etc, diesels are about injectors, remaps etc,

de- lugging (smoothing out the inside) the stock airbox was found to make more power than an aftermarket air intake on some turbo-diesel Fords

If the car has a resonator, it can be bypassed/ deleted

If you don't already have a remap,(including Superchips) get one, this will make the biggest difference of anything

Exhaust is worth doing, decat. DPF delete, all makes a difference, as does fitting a freer-flowing exhaust, its worth fitting a solid EGR blanking plate

A little bit of (sensible) lightening helps, a larger FMIC and running more boost After that it tends to get expensive with more money spent for less and less gain

Superchips remap -

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/Fiesta16TDCi95ps.pdf

I know there will be pretty much no gains, it was more the kinda "ooosh" sound I was after.

I would love a remap and exhaust system but it's insurance that's the problem.

Can you explain basicaly what the blanking plate actually does and a rough cost? Cheers

This one says it's for a 2010 car but a mk6 even though the mk6 stopped in 2008 :/

Here's a link anyway....http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291128828277?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

Hmmm that's weird.. Might just give it a miss as a couple of hundred pound is a bit pricey for no gains but possibly a slightly louder noise

Hmmm that's weird.. Might just give it a miss as a couple of hundred pound is a bit pricey for no gains but possibly a slightly louder noise

Fair enough mate, could always message them I suppose

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Fair enough mate, could always message them I suppose

I'm skint now haha, just bought a load of stuff of DMB, new mudflaps (as I took the rear of as they were to flimsy but they've sorted them now) and also spacers

I'm skint now haha, just bought a load of stuff of DMB, new mudflaps (as I took the rear of as they were to flimsy but they've sorted them now) and also spacers

Fair enough mate! Just have to wait till pay day, that's what I'm doing haha. What colour mud flaps you get? And what size spacers?

Fair enough mate! Just have to wait till pay day, that's what I'm doing haha. What colour mud flaps you get? And what size spacers?

I just got black again as I've already got them on the front. Also got 200mm for the rears and I think I'm just gonna leave the front

Haha 20mm

Haha 20mm

Haha was going to say 200 is massive haha, yeah I think the back looks a lot better with them on to be honest.

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.