Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does My Car Judder??

Zoe Maree

Can anyone tell me is it normal for you car to judder when stationery il be driving and as soon as I've stopped at a traffic light etc the whole car judders what could be the cause of this?

We just got rid of a polo. ...same issue juddering when stopped at traffic. ..it was cylinder gone as far as I know it needed new engine. ...really hope its not the same for you. ...I'm sure someone more qualified can help...good luck

It shouldn't be juddering, most likely cause is the revs are dipping too low?

Vicki was it a 3 cylinder 1.2 engine by any chance? They love to eat valves and will cause juddering and poor idling.

It shouldn't be juddering, most likely cause is the revs are dipping too low?

Vicki was it a 3 cylinder 1.2 engine by any chance? They love to eat valves and will cause juddering and poor idling.

Aye it was stef. ..was terrifing I thought the bonnet was gonna fly off with flames under it lol. ......like I said tho hopefully Zoes aint the same type of engine

Mines a 1.6 8v what ever that means lol, my revs don't drop so I'm clueless to what it could be I thought if my revs dropped then it's the plugs needing changing??, just bought the car in march and got it on the road this month just one thing after another will be quite upset if it's got bigger problems than I was told as I knew the family I bought it off quite well :/ xx

means that you have a 4 cylinder engine, but it should seek medical attention :p

If its only as the revs are dropping it could be an engine or gearbox mount is all thats at fault, and you could just get it replaced?

Most likely a knackered Engine mount tbh if it's out of gear, open the bonnet, grab the engine and try and rock it.

if it moves one of them, most likely the dog / lower box mount if causing juddering is knackered, cheap and easy to change, the other mounts are slightly dearer and need a hoist / decent jack to change and support the engine.

Seems one of my plugs were loose pushed it back on but doesn't look as fitted as the other 3 I think the juddering has stopped now how do I prevent this from happening again? X

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Wow, my car judders soo much and wud not go over 80mph at all. Itl start shaking like crazy when I try. Guessing its a turbo fault

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Different car, different engine, different cause.

Check my reply to your thread Goomba I don't think it's the turbo itself but the hose or pipe that's the issue

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app