Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused - Not Sure What To Do!

jd_james

Hi All,

Have been on here a good while (since the launch of the ecoboost)

I have loved my little fiesta since day one of getting it,the cheap insurance, no road tax , good mpg , good looks etc - I bought this car on finance with ford via the PCP where I can keep it at the end.

I am now 15 months into the agreement of 36 and want some more power.

Get a bit fustrated that there are tons of cars out there with a lot more power and I want the type of things the ST has and My Zetec S doesn't... And when that happens you see more ST's or equivlant powered cars driving around you... and then your friends also get quick cars to add to it!

Then i sort of think whats the point its not all about power look at the insurance benefits/tax/mpg etc etc...

I know you can generally switch a car when you have paid off half of the amount of the car value but that value is when I have reached month 35 of the 36 (around 7K)

I suppose I could always ask for a final settlement from the finance company and see if a dealership will pay that to get another car but problem I face is that I expected to do 6K miles. Since got a new job and I do a lot more have already hit 14K 15 months in.

Anyone with experience got some advise on the finance side and also the option of going for the ST or not.

Any help is much appreciated.

As long as the outstanding finance balance on the car is less than the value, you can change whenever you like if you really want to.

The best way is for the dealer to buy the car off you, pay off the finance and give you the remainder as a deposit against a new one.

You can hand the car back once half way through the agreement anyway.

But to be honest contact your dealer and ask how much to trade in for a 2nd hand ST, don't bother with a brand new one it'll save you a couple of K.

I did it in March and not looked back, doing 43MPG and road tax........ well if you cannot afford £130 a year on a bit of paper just don't bother owning a car, the 1.0 Ecoboost won't be £0 forever anyway, they'll close this down eventually and make everyone pay. insurance isn't that much higher either, mine went up by less than £2 a month!

But it's so worth it, do it you'll love it.

Just remember difference in insurance can vary a lot by age, if you are under 21 I'd definitely get a quote before switching to an ST.

Swap mate, if you can get a st go for it, ive enjoyed mine every day since changing from the zetecs, i cant stop smiling when driving mine. If you can get a st try and get a mp215 st , it makes the car even better

less than £100 difference on insurance for me, 22, 4 years ncb .

You can hand the car back once half way through the agreement anyway.

But to be honest contact your dealer and ask how much to trade in for a 2nd hand ST, don't bother with a brand new one it'll save you a couple of K.

I did it in March and not looked back, doing 43MPG and road tax........ well if you cannot afford £130 a year on a bit of paper just don't bother owning a car, the 1.0 Ecoboost won't be £0 forever anyway, they'll close this down eventually and make everyone pay. insurance isn't that much higher either, mine went up by less than £2 a month!

But it's so worth it, do it you'll love it.

Ah right ok, i always think the dealer owns the car but they don't the finance company do dont they? How does this work? In terms of the payments side of things etc if you were paying monthly for the car and the value of this second hand ST is more? Might be worth PM'ing each other..

Just remember difference in insurance can vary a lot by age, if you are under 21 I'd definitely get a quote before switching to an ST.

Cheers for the heads up, I am 24 this december so i think I will be ok, Insurance for this car was 600 last year.

Basically what will happen is.

Say you owe 6K left on your balance / car is worth 5K for instance, they would settle the finance and then give you an ST on Finance for say 14K plus the 1K deficit, so your total balance would be 15k.

But that's if these are the figures you owe which will not be the case, ideally you'd need to look at how much you owe on the balance on your agreement and then how much they will give you PX, I for instance didn't lose a penny on my Ecoboost and just paid the difference on that and the ST which was just over 4K ( it was POV spec Zetec with no goodies ) paid 10K they gave me 10K back for it as they discounted this car in particular good deal etc etc.

Generally you won't come into any positive equity until you are half way through the agreement and that's why you can cancel it at that point as it's win win.

But the plus side is with buying a 2nd hand model is they will make more money on that then they will selling you a new one iirc so even if they effectively wipe the slate clean and give you the same for your car to what you owe so you don't lose anything, they still make a fair bit on the ST and everyone is happy.

Definitely worth a punt.

Ah thats positive then, my thinking is doing it around September time (thats 18 months in) If i leave it any later I will rack up more miles be in even more negative equity

I feel I might want to keep that a bit more as in for at least 3-5 years though.

So they offer you a new finance agreement with new milage etc so I could up it to 10K miles. I can see it all costing slightly more but that is to be expected from a better car and owning up to more miles pa.

Think I may give the garage a call... Bet interesting to see what they offer for a Zetec S race red 14K, brand new front wheels with a lot of added on extra's :)

To give you an idea I sold mine to ford, 8000 miles red zetec s 13 plate, few extra's privacy glass, 17"s etc for 11k.

If you want it for 5 years change the agreement on the new one so that you own the car afterwards, so fixed 5 year payment plan, doing it over 5 years will make it cheaper too, plus in 5 years time the ST will still sell for around 6-7K and on these agreements mileage is irrelevant too, the only reason they ask for it on PCP is to calculate how much it's worth when you return the car and give you higher payments but a lower balloon payment.

To give you an idea I sold mine to ford, 8000 miles red zetec s 13 plate, few extra's privacy glass, 17"s etc for 11k.

Ok thats a good indication think you have the same extra's as me just less miles, can you argue that you will take it to another dealer of course offering 500 quid extra etc? I guess you can go to anyone.

If the finance is with Barclays or someone than yes, depends on who the agreement is with.

In short no one can stop finance being paid off regardless and all that this is.

Go talk to the dealer and see what they can do it can't hurt and you can always say no. But if you can get a ST you should they are so good. I moved from a ZS myself and the difference is huge.

Do it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I was in a similar position with an Astra with I had for 7 month from new on a pcp. My ford dealer paid off the outstanding finance and sold me another car. As said before there's no harm in asking and don't forget they want to sell you another car at the end of the day.

Guys you are all bad influences!

I went down there after work today...

They're offering me a spirit blue ST-2 with 9K miles for £13995.

They are pushing me into the PCP again with it over 3 years as 5 years HP would bump up the price a lot.

Only paying an extra 40 quid a month , insurance no more (just checked) but they want 850 up front. Going to get GAP taken off since they hold their price pretty well and hopefully I can get them to reduce that 850 upfront to 500 or less.

I'm feeling a bit like > :wub:

What comes with the ST-2 over the standards though i know there are a few extras I dont think the sport packs on there does that mean the sav nav/DAB/bluetooth isn't?

I'm just gonna say ' do it do it do it' what ford dealer is it at, can check the spec on the website?

I've got the ST2 you get DAB and bluetooth but sat nav is an option. If the dealer won't do the GAP don't buy it from them get it on line I only paid £150 for 5 years full replacement costs

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Cant find it on the website will have to give them a call tomorrow.

Thats with who i bought the car from, however the mrs just got a fiesta from Evans Halshaw and I am tempted to visit them and see what they can do. They have a lower mileage car with all the extras except for sat nav.

Surely they'd love to take MY business too!

My credit is with Ford Credit Europe guess its a standard procedure, surely i can shop over at Evans Halshaw?

It's been a matter of days..

And the verdict?

Sold st2 with style pack spirit blue 7k miles. :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Another Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost to ST convert, this forum is clearly a bad influence :p

Nah, I'm sure you are going to love it. Be sure to post up some pics when you pick it up.

Awesome your gonna love it! Why you picking it up?

Good man, the tides are turning and we will be legion against the ZS Clan!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Picking it up this Saturday so will show some pics with the mods I'll take off this car.

Shame the dmb overlays are gone now :o red on black won't look good on this :mellow:

We just need some meets now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Im sure some dmb overlays will pop up on eBay at some point mate, somebody must have bought a load before dmb ceased doing them. have you test driven it / a st yet?