Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking problem

thebaldone

Son has just bought a P reg Galaxy and although most things are fine, the central locking will only operate the drivers door? When you turn the key, you can hear the motor in the drivers side rear door but nothing happens. No motor noise from the passenger side at all?

Any clues as to where to start please?

I dont know the answer to this but are you sure this is not a security feature? does it work if you double press the unlock button on the fob?

I dont know the answer to this but are you sure this is not a security feature? does it work if you double press the unlock button on the fob?

No fob that's also part of the problem! Only given a single key when he bought it. Hence other post

ref remote.

hmm.. is it a valet key?

Can it open boot and glovebox?

hmm.. is it a valet key?

Can it open boot and glovebox?

Will check tomorrow but deffo opens the boot.

probably is the main key but check the glove box anyway.

have you also tried unlocking the passenger side with the key?

probably is the main key but check the glove box anyway.

have you also tried unlocking the passenger side with the key?

Just tried the key he has and it locks/opens everything including the glove box. I can hear the motors go in the offside passenger door and the boot but nothing on the nearside doors at all? Looks like

there is only a single fuse for all of it though?

Drivers door locks fine but I assume that's the actual key doing that rather than central locking

motor?

I'm going to take the door card off tomorrow on the offside passenger door and have a look at

what's actually moving (or not) when the locks activate.

Just tried the key he has and it locks/opens everything including the glove box. I can hear the motors go in the offside passenger door and the boot but nothing on the nearside doors at all? Looks like

there is only a single fuse for all of it though?

Drivers door locks fine but I assume that's the actual key doing that rather than central locking

motor?

I'm going to take the door card off tomorrow on the offside passenger door and have a look at

what's actually moving (or not) when the locks activate.

On closer inspection, it looks like some clever person has removed the ECU from under the passenger seat! Connectors/cables are there but no black box !

you might find one at the scrappy. Perhaps the old one was faulty and did not lock the car properly.

you might find one at the scrappy. Perhaps the old one was faulty and did not lock the car properly.

Gonna try that but the local ones reckon Gal spares are very hard to come by! Looking at the state of the plugs, it looks like the whole area got a dorwning at some time!!

Also doesn't help as there are 3 leads on one of the connectors which are not connected at all!

Looks like I'll have to get the plugs as well and splice the old wiring in.

do you think the car has been in a flood at some point?

do you think the car has been in a flood at some point?

Looking at the state of the plugs left then I'd say yes! They are in a pretty bad way so I am going to

try and get 2 plus a bit of the loom and splice them back in again. Oh what fun!!

I have found a link on another forum which shows you how to bypass the ECU altogether if it's

gone bad and can't be replaced. All it uses is a single 4 connector relay and other people

have successfully got it working fine using this method !!