Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Probably Written Off!

lgsnoddy

After only three weeks of having the streetka some idiot cause a pile up on the motorway in which my gf was involved. (On the way to an interview too). Initially my dad who got to her first didn't think the damage was too bad buuuut when I got the car back to me yesterday it was worse than we thought.

The bonnet is loose and therefore stiff

Front bumper cracked

Mesh at front broken

Radiator cracked

Two front wings offline

Rear bumper cracked and scratched and dented

Two lower rear lights smashed

Mesh all busted

The roof must also be sprained as that won't go down properly.

So we are claiming off the other guys insurance and are assuming this will be a write off due to the age.

It was a 2003 luxury with 37000 miles on it. Does anybody have a rough idea what we can expect back from the insurers, as we will be wanting a replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I recon your right on the write off, at a rough guess, probably about 2800? I would say get yourself on autotrader and do all you can to get the average price for it!

Yeah I have been doing that, we only paid 1600, just worried we won't get that back

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

What value did you declare to the insurance co when you took out the policy? You probably wont get more than that.

the value at the point of starting a policy isnt worth the paper its written on!

the value at the point of starting a policy isnt worth the paper its written on!

Agreed but they won't pay more than that. I always add a little on to be on the safe side, don't want to sell myself cheap.

We have had customers who were paid more than they declared as the insurers don't look at that any more it's just asked at quotation stage.

Use your purchase receipt as evidence and look for adverts for similar age and mileage to back you up.

Oh I didn't know that Rick, good bit of information for us thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club